Deathfire Grasp

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FatTuna

10-28-2011

DFG is a really good item for Sion if you are building him as AP. The CDR combined with the added burst damage is just what he needs.

Basist

10-28-2011

I plan to use it on my AP Ezreal for Dominion. DFG+Boots of Lucidity with 1-2 runes for max CDR. Sure a Morello's isn't bad but going 9/0/21 you're stuck at 29% making getting any cdr item pretty meh if you don't fill it out with runes.....and I like my ap/level seals+glyphs.

Neveld

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-28-2011

Its good for Swain in my opinion.

Gwynbleidd43254

Recruiter

10-28-2011

I use it on my Morgana build, tho admittedly I only remember to use active maybe 50% of time (tho assigning it to side mouse button really helps to remember to use it) And I have to say it works fairly well with her, especially since with my build atleast it gets me to about 32%CDR and that really helps me get my Q off more.

~Gwynbleidd43254

LaughingWalrus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meddler View Post
Veigar and Poppy are the main two I see it used effectively on. Veigar since he's pretty much all about getting a lot of AP and exploding someone, then waiting on CDs. AP Poppy for the same reasons, though with her it's her ult's damage amp % in place of such ridiculously high AP. Its short range is the major thing making it unattractive for a lot of casters that would otherwise love the CDR and build path from a GP5 item (Lux for example).
the mp5 is generally an unnecessarily costly part of it too...
this is true for most things building out of meki pendant though...can the item or its build paths be reevaluated?

Ebonclaw

10-28-2011

Seems to be getting a lot of play on Shaco recently, as well.

IsmaHell

10-28-2011

Im trying it out in Mord, since its really useful for that killing burst to get that carry, and the advantage of rushing a GP/5 item early. The CDR, the active and the GP/5 are too awesome to discard just because of a little mana regeneration. Besides Mord has to be in an almost melee distance when fighting, so the range isnt very much of a problem.

Used it also in Shaco AP in dominion, it goes perfect with him.

Scullzomben

10-28-2011

It's like no one even knows who LeBlanc is anymore.

Rippedface

10-28-2011

It should be the first item you build on AP shaco. I see many AP shaco's building with lichbane or other items but that in my opinion is the wrong way to go. You want CDR, AP and then Magic pen. I always build DFG first. My attack combo starts with the DFG and a Shiv which hits pretty hard as a combo. Combine this with a few jackboxes and most everyone will die.

I will add that I've been playing AP shaco long before Dominion and his jitb fixes. Win, Lose, or draw, AP shaco is pure fun. He's also an almost guarantee win on TT every time.

Gloribhem

10-28-2011

I use DFG on;

Swain - it's great added burst to help out in a fight and is added damage from torment
Nidalee - with her pounce now being affected by CDR it is a much more useful option in my eyes because I can go for a DFG and my frozen heart and then no longer have a huge need for blue buff.

It also gets a nice extra burst no matter who you are really as long as you're going for AP.