"best" ranged champion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TwistWrist

02-14-2012

MF is pretty good against all the sustain support champs. And all the people running heal now.

More 2 This Life

02-15-2012

I bought Trist, but my problem is Rocket Jumping into a group and it seems I am always dying trying to get out as the mobs I dont kill attack me. So she is ranged but her "best" skill is jumping in, I just need to learn how to survive.

TwistWrist

02-15-2012

Her best skill in a teamfight is shooting the **** out of people at a distance. And rocket jumping away if people get too close. The only times that I use rocket-jump offensively is in the laning phase or against 1-2 enemies out of position. But even then, only if it'll secure a kill. Not get me killed.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

02-15-2012

I think the issue is less surviving once you jump in, and more learning when to jump in. Unless you need to clear a wave fast, you're often better off just clearing the wave with auto attacks and your explosive shot's passive, possibly dropping a Q to help you clear it more quickly. It's the same reason Vlad doesn't use his pool to farm (again, barring rare situations). you don't want to use your escape only to have someone show up to gank you; especially if there's a large wave, it's highly likely the enemy knows that someone is going to try to farm that and might be setting up a gank.

Rocket jumping in is typically only done when laning/skirmishing, or when you're cleaning up at the end of a fight (everyone is low so you can chain jumps together).

More 2 This Life

02-15-2012

Thanks Panzer and Twist, Good advice, sounds like just playing smarter and less greedy at times. I am trying to read up on her as much as possible. mobafire, here etc. Just have to adjust my play.

TwistWrist

02-15-2012

Ew, avoid Mobafire. Sometimes the guides will be really weird. There used to be a highly ranked one with a Malady on Tristana...didn't make any sense.

http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=10407

More 2 This Life

02-15-2012

Thanks, checking that site out too. I am about to put my first real money into the game...

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

02-15-2012

Regardless of which sites or guides you use though, try to understand why they make the choices they do. The best guides have paragraphs of explanations spread throughout them, and give you great insight into why they chose as they did.

Royal Renne

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-02-2012

vayne is the best for mid and late game ..... u can kill a tank champion with 3 hit ...

SAUSAGEFEST21

04-04-2012

idk i really like ziggs and catlyn