Warmogs

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Glasse

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-28-2011

Oh wow I made this thread and completely forgot about it. I'm glad it made people discuss... anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brackhar View Post
Any ideas for a good replacement? We could probably make a better Dominion item that doesn't require that scaling component.
Maybe keep it the same but make it scale with captures/score you get instead of kills/assists.

Rebonack

10-28-2011

Quote:
Any ideas for a good replacement? We could probably make a better Dominion item that doesn't require that scaling component.
Make a Dominion only item that builds out of Giant's Belt and two Ruby Crystals. Make it give HP only on the order of the fully stacked Warmog's. Maybe a passive that drastically increases the healing granted by Health Relics and ONLY the healing granted by Health Relics.

Frankly I usually have little trouble charging up Warmog's on my TanKoggy build. But seeing the regen get the axe in favor of higher base HP wouldn't hurt my feelings at all.

Kiddalee

10-28-2011

Quote:
I've heard bad things about Sanguine Blade, but it could be from cads who aren't proccing its stacks properly. Think about Sanguine Blade's potency before you think about making a 'Mog-like item that scales the same way.

juhnk

10-28-2011

Problems:
Can't farm minions to fill it up, regeneration is meh with global debuff:

Solution:
Something that synergizes with the map better. It should have lots of health and a cool ability like:
-extra healing or a temporary buff when picking up a health rune.
-minor bonuses while standing on a point (prescillas makes u a faster capped, there should be an item that rewards people who like being dedicated defenders).

Xalerwons

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-28-2011

Quote:
It should take you no longer than 3 minutes to farm up a Warmogs.... unless your team is getting rolled 4-0, in which case Warmogs is a terrible way to spend 3k gold.

rumples

10-28-2011

It needs to be removed for the same reason snowball items are...thats about it. As for a replacement how about one that gains stacks for captures/defenses? could be interesting

Rickert

10-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddalee View Post
How do you max out your 'Mogs without hurting your chances of winning the game? That's a lot of fighting and farming and not so much capping.
Capping won't happen without fighting.

Only 10 assits (or better, kills) you can max out your warmog. I rarely end the game without the warmog maxed, unless it's a 13 min game, which the opponent losing too fast.

Weirding

10-29-2011

My typical Talon build these days:

Prospector's Blade
Warmog's Armor
Atma's Impaler
Hexdrinker
Frozen Mallet

Whatever boots make the most sense. Usually Merc Treads or Swiftness.

The Prospector's Blade is so good for its price that I usually keep it all game; it completely overshadows the Ring. Only in very rare games do I get rid of it, and it's only when I can replace it with a Sanguine Blade outright.

Kickerz

10-29-2011

Quote:
The Regen of the Warmog's does not as much in Dominion. The scaling off of assists/kills/minions is a little clunky in Dominion. So...an idea for a better item for the Scar...

VAtmog Vest:

900 HP, 10% CDR.
Unique: Gain 1 HP for every 1 Armor or Magic Resistance you Possess.

HogMog Coat:

1000 HP, 15% CD
Unique: Gain 1 Armor for every # HP you possess.

FungiMog Seaweed wrap:

950 HP. Gain 15 HP for every assist, and 30 HP for every kills.
Activate Unique: Regenerate Total bonus HP over the next 30 seconds.

Duskofdead

10-29-2011

I'm not sure why people bring up the regen component of warmogs as if it has almost anything to do with why people *ever* build this item. Plus, all regens are reduced in Dominion, so the fact that Warmog's is reduced is just proportional to everything else in game. People build warmogs so that they can absorb a huge amount of burst that would otherwise instantly gib the champion in question, and then use their sustain or burst or lifesteal or whatever else to go on and win that fight anyhow.