Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

*sigh* It's Official, LoL is hacked

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

qRv5TJD8smYKmbyw

06-20-2010

Quote:
Crithica:
Because he's still right. You people are like the boy who cried wolf, except you do it because you don't understand something. It's not a hack. It won't ever be a hack. Get over it. Clearly Riot is aware of this issue, and having people like you and the OP scream "HACK!" in their faces won't speed them up.

Im sorry, are you angry because people inaccurately call it a "hack" instead of bug exploit?
Or what exactly?

It exists, the question is whether it can or can not be forced to happen, that is all.

patriot247

06-20-2010

Quote:
Kama Toki:
Let me give you a crash course on the internet and games that use this "internet" to work.

Your computer sends packets to the server and the server updates where you move to accordingly. The server then sends packets to everyone else and tells them where you moved.

In this case, due to your latency you were missing quite a few of those packets that tell you where that mord was. However since the damage/everything else was server side, the mord was moving fine on his own screen and killing you.

The issue is actually on YOUR computer, and has nothing to do with that Mord, hax, or any sort of "latency abuse". The issue is that you were missing packets that informed your client were the mord was, and therefore when you did recieve a packet it looked like he had traveled a huge distance instantaneously.

However from the Mord's point of view, he was moving normally the entire time. Every time you witnessed the mord "Standing still" he was actually moving. If you notice he never moves farther then he would be able to in the amount of time he was standing still.

I have had this happen to me before, and if you simply log out and back in it corrects itself. Crying hacks just makes you look unintelligent. Specially when the issue is on your end.

Ok, so I am convinced people have a preconceived notion of what they want to type before they even read what they are replying to.

Fact: All FIVE of my teammates saw the same thing, and were able to describe the same strange events in explicit detail.

Fact: All FIVE of my teammates are in very different parts of the country, making it impossible for all of us to experience the same "Lag", while their team had no issues.

Why is it that I am trying to do the community a service by bringing this into the light, yet this makes me an audience for an expository on internet theory from someone who has zero reading comprehension ability?

If you want the game to die an abysmal death, that is your choice. I would like it to stick around, personally. Too many good games have been ruined by exploits/hacks/etc.

patriot247

06-20-2010

Quote:
HappyNihil2:
Im sorry, are you angry because people inaccurately call it a "hack" instead of bug exploit?
Or what exactly?

Exactly. I don't care what you wanna call it. It's an issue - let's call it that. This ISSUE needs to be fixed. It isn't lag, it isn't a graphical bug, it's a game breaking issue.

patriot247

06-20-2010

Quote:
Kama Toki:
That was not actually Mordekaiser. You're clients were missing the packets that would have otherwise informed you that mord had moved. You were all attacking a mord that did not exist because your clients were not correctly updating. The entire time that mord stood still he was moving around perfectly fine on his own screen.

He was not where you were attacking him, you did no damage because you were not attacking him. Simple huh?

Which packet tells you to read a FULL F'ING POST before spouting your babble? NO amount of lag allows someone to move from top lane to bottom lane INSTANTLY.

I regularly have < 30 ping on this game. Like I said, FIVE of us in different locations didn't experience some perfect storm ping effect. Nobody cares that your teacher just taught you what a packet was last week dude. We know what they are just as well.

Kama Toki

06-20-2010

Quote:
patriot247:
Ok, so I am convinced people have a preconceived notion of what they want to type before they even read what they are replying to.

Fact: All FIVE of my teammates saw the same thing, and were able to describe the same strange events in explicit detail.

Fact: All FIVE of my teammates are in very different parts of the country, making it impossible for all of us to experience the same "Lag", while their team had no issues.

Why is it that I am trying to do the community a service by bringing this into the light, yet this makes me an audience for an expository on internet theory from someone who has zero reading comprehension ability?

If you want the game to die an abysmal death, that is your choice. I would like it to stick around, personally. Too many good games have been ruined by exploits/hacks/etc.

PATRIOT FFS DUDE

Read the first line of what you just typed. Please read it please. This issue occurs during game play, and oftentimes occurs across the entire team.

Let me make this clearer. First of all if you have a teammate on your team you are always able to see them yes? Which means that HIS team can see him fine. Simply because his position is always being updated by default.

Now on the enemy team it does not work the same way. The enemy team is not always updated on where you are (Fog of war). The issue is that packets are being missed by your team. This happens for numerous reasons but all of them are fixed by restarting the client.

This is a common occurrence on other online games as well. If a player "Disconnects" from some online games, they will appear attackable for a small duration afterwards yet will take no damage nor die. Simply because they do not exist.

The mordekaiser was not hacking. This is related to the way information is sent across the internet. This will happen in any online game you ever play.

qRv5TJD8smYKmbyw

06-20-2010

Just for good measure:

Quote:
Lima Beans:
This is a networking bug, where you stop recieving frequent updates about that champion, so it looks like they are teleporting around and you cant tell where they really are.

There is no way to force this to happen on purpose, but if it happens to you, you can take advantage of it unfortunately. If you are seeing someone else teleporting around, quitting and reconnecting should fix the problem and allow you to see them correctly.

This was a tough bug to track down, but we have now thanks to community help with detailed reports and videos, and we are testing a fix now.

It seems it can be exploited in other games (do a google search for lag switch). There is an increasing number of reports like this, so if its just a bug that cant be activated it would seem that it somehow got worse lately.

Either way the issue exists. It's not in the same league as people screaming "Ryze is a haxor!" when they see 2 ultimate icons in his status bar.

Orinar

06-20-2010

Quote:
Kama Toki:
Let me give you a crash course on the internet and games that use this "internet" to work.

Your computer sends packets to the server and the server updates where you move to accordingly. The server then sends packets to everyone else and tells them where you moved.

In this case, due to your latency you were missing quite a few of those packets that tell you where that mord was. However since the damage/everything else was server side, the mord was moving fine on his own screen and killing you.

The issue is actually on YOUR computer, and has nothing to do with that Mord, hax, or any sort of "latency abuse". The issue is that you were missing packets that informed your client were the mord was, and therefore when you did recieve a packet it looked like he had traveled a huge distance instantaneously.

However from the Mord's point of view, he was moving normally the entire time. Every time you witnessed the mord "Standing still" he was actually moving. If you notice he never moves farther then he would be able to in the amount of time he was standing still.

I have had this happen to me before, and if you simply log out and back in it corrects itself. Crying hacks just makes you look unintelligent. Specially when the issue is on your end.

You are a complete moron. How can all five of us have the same latency when none of us live remotely close to each other? How can we all have the same latency when it has NEVER happened before in over 500 games? How can all five us experience the exact same thing at the same time. You sir are a ****** and probably use a lag switch as well to win.

Xixy

06-20-2010

Quote:
HappyNihil2:
Or what exactly?

It exists, the question is whether it can or can not be forced to happen, that is all.

Angry? Far from it. Disappointed? Yes. You're typical complainers. You clearly understand that RIOT is aware of an issue, yet you continue to complain about it (in the wrong forum, too). You complaining doesn't help anyone. All it does is help make you feel justified when people connect with you.

patriot247

06-20-2010

Quote:
Kama Toki:
PATRIOT FFS DUDE

Read the first line of what you just typed. Please read it please. This issue occurs during game play, and oftentimes occurs across the entire team.

Let me make this clearer. First of all if you have a teammate on your team you are always able to see them yes? Which means that HIS team can see him fine. Simply because his position is always being updated by default.

Now on the enemy team it does not work the same way. The enemy team is not always updated on where you are (Fog of war). The issue is that packets are being missed by your team. This happens for numerous reasons but all of them are fixed by restarting the client.

This is a common occurrence on other online games as well. If a player "Disconnects" from some online games, they will appear attackable for a small duration afterwards yet will take no damage nor die. Simply because they do not exist.

The mordekaiser was not hacking. This is related to the way information is sent across the internet. This will happen in any online game you ever play.

I understand where you are coming from, honestly. This would make sense, except for the fact that:

All of us experienced it for only ONE individual - Mord. The video also vindicates that the issue is related to specifically morde, not simply a standalone latency issue. There is a common link that needs to be fixed.

And again, the latency would explain close range hops, but it would NOT explain cross map jumps.

Kama Toki

06-20-2010

*sigh* let me make it as simple as possible.

Your team shares LOS, which means that your team is getting the exact same uninterrupted stream of information from the server. Due to some sort of error on your side, the "Stream" is interrupted for a single enemy. The information that stream is trying to constantly feed you is lost until the Stream is un-interrupted. This results in the game updating the enemy location instantly. Giving the appearance of instantaneous movement.

From the point the stream is interrupted to when it resumes, you will see an image of that enemy champion exactly were he was standing when it cut off. This image will be attackable yet will take no damage. When the stream resumes this image will vanish.

Your team gets the same issue because your team shares LOS and is getting the same LOS information.