*sigh* It's Official, LoL is hacked

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

patriot247

06-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyNihil2 View Post
Ah, here's the thread, found it:
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=138753

Lima Beans confirmed that the problem exists, according to him it can' be used on pupose, this video begs to differ. I haven't tested it myself but I'm inclined to think that it works here.

So no, not a visual glitch on your side but abuse of network code.
This was DEFINITELY abused effectively. It was purposeful, that much I am positive on.

patriot247

06-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maintence on EU View Post
same **** happened in my game, their taric was lagging around for me, but when I asked my teammates they said they saw him perfectly normally without lag and teleporting,.
No dude. All 5 of us saw it going on and PLEASE read my whole post. YOu can't just see porting from the top of the map to bottom incorrectly without the summoner spell. For all I know, Riot may be trying to keep the wraps on this to prevent people from freaking out before they can fix it, calling it a graphical display bug. There was nothing display oriented here. It was broken game mechanics, period.

patriot247

06-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyGoat View Post
You could have provided us with a recording of this series of events so we can more thoroughly understand what you are describing and confirm your suspicions. Or at the very least a screenshot.
check the youtube video posted in this thread to get an idea.

SlyGoat

06-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenithZephyr View Post
When people see something they don't understand, they cry "Hack!" the way people used to cry "Witchcraft!" every time they saw something they didn't understand.
couldnt have worded this better myself

qRv5TJD8smYKmbyw

06-20-2010

Quote:
Im sorry, but why are some people so lazy to click a single link?
This problem exists in LoL, it has been officially confirmed.
It's not somebody seeing things.

The only question is whether or not you can exploit it on purpose or whether it just happens as a bug. You can definitely exploit in other games and so far we've seen no reason why it shouldn't be possible here.

Kama Toki

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriot247 View Post
No dude. All 5 of us saw it going on and PLEASE read my whole post. YOu can't just see porting from the top of the map to bottom incorrectly without the summoner spell. For all I know, Riot may be trying to keep the wraps on this to prevent people from freaking out before they can fix it, calling it a graphical display bug. There was nothing display oriented here. It was broken game mechanics, period.

Let me give you a crash course on the internet and games that use this "internet" to work.

Your computer sends packets to the server and the server updates where you move to accordingly. The server then sends packets to everyone else and tells them where you moved.

In this case, due to your latency you were missing quite a few of those packets that tell you where that mord was. However since the damage/everything else was server side, the mord was moving fine on his own screen and killing you.

The issue is actually on YOUR computer, and has nothing to do with that Mord, hax, or any sort of "latency abuse". The issue is that you were missing packets that informed your client were the mord was, and therefore when you did recieve a packet it looked like he had traveled a huge distance instantaneously.

However from the Mord's point of view, he was moving normally the entire time. Every time you witnessed the mord "Standing still" he was actually moving. If you notice he never moves farther then he would be able to in the amount of time he was standing still.

I have had this happen to me before, and if you simply log out and back in it corrects itself. Crying hacks just makes you look unintelligent. Specially when the issue is on your end.

patriot247

06-20-2010

Quote:
Are you actually reading this or are you simply bored enough to troll for no reason? Did you even see that others are seeing the same thing. Just because YOU didn't experience it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Watch the video, read the post from S T D.

Orinar

06-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriot247 View Post
This Mordekaiser was using an obvious map hack. He had a cloned version of himself that he could port to at will all across the map. Every time he was about to die, he would "dissapear", leaving a ghost-like version of himself that would just stay there, invulnerable. While his ghost version was still there, he could be across the map, having ported to an ally of ours to finish them off, Shen style (no, he didn't use the summoner spell port). When we asked him about it, his teammates just replied "oh, that is just your latency"... me and my 5 teammates did NOT experience latency, we saw an obvious hack being employed. More comments from his team led me to conclude that they were in on it too.

When we demonstrated proof that he was "two places at once", he said he was simply using ghost. I have played this game since beta... ghost doesn't give us 4000 movement speed, last time I checked.

I bring this to everyone's attention in hopes that Riot can find out how to stop this. Also, everyone please be on the lookout and provide Riot with as much evidence as you can. REPORT IT! This is a great game. I don't wanna see it burn in flames because some people actually feel some weird sense of accomplishment, having hacked to "win".
I can completely validate everything in this post. This was the most obvious hack I have ever seen in all my years of gaming. As Patriot said Mord was teleporting all across the map and anytime he was focused he the clone would simply stand still and not be damaged what so ever. It was clear that everyone on their team was in on it as they we're trying to deny it at all other than their response (all five of you have the same latency problem) lol yeah right. Our whole team reported all five of their players so I hope this is reviewed by Riot.

These are the kind of hacks that ruin the game completely.

Xixy

06-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyNihil2 View Post
Im sorry, but why are some people so lazy to click a single link?
This problem exists in LoL, it has been officially confirmed.
It's not somebody seeing things.
Because he's still right. You people are like the boy who cried wolf, except you do it because you don't understand something. It's not a hack. It won't ever be a hack. Get over it. Clearly Riot is aware of this issue, and having people like you and the OP scream "HACK!" in their faces won't speed them up.

Kama Toki

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orinar View Post
I can completely validate everything in this post. This was the most obvious hack I have ever seen in all my years of gaming. As Patriot said Mord was teleporting all across the map and anytime he was focused he the clone would simply stand still and not be damaged what so ever. It was clear that everyone on their team was in on it as they we're trying to deny it at all other than their response (all five of you have the same latency problem) lol yeah right. Our whole team reported all five of their players so I hope this is reviewed by Riot.

These are the kind of hacks that ruin the game completely.
That was not actually Mordekaiser. You're clients were missing the packets that would have otherwise informed you that mord had moved. You were all attacking a mord that did not exist because your clients were not correctly updating. The entire time that mord stood still he was moving around perfectly fine on his own screen.

He was not where you were attacking him, you did no damage because you were not attacking him. Simple huh?