Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

*sigh* It's Official, LoL is hacked

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TehAcE

07-09-2010

Quote:
SharpenDown:
why not take a screenshot???

Why necro a topic when we already know its a network bug ******...

Yurixy

07-09-2010

ya its a lag problem... just reconnect and u r good

Revvy

07-09-2010

I've been accused of map hacking with Shaco, because I led a Warwick into five jack-in-the boxes twice.

PlaidCactus

07-09-2010

Quote:
sweatersDC:
Citation needed

By your logic, if the problem was on one of the OP's teammates' computers, then shouldn't the shared LOS from the other 4 players have corrected it? And if the issue is with the OP's team and not the Morde who is teleporting, why is it only affecting Morde?

I submit it is far more likely that it is in fact an issue with MORDE's computer, and that there is a good chance he is causing this issue intentionally. This can be called a "lag switch", in competitive Halo it was called "standbying". Whatever you call it, the fundamental concept is the same.

It is, like others have pointed out, an issue with all/many online games. However you are incorrect when you say that it is (always/definitely) a problem with the other team's computer/network. It is far more likely that this is being intentionally exploited.

I really like your explanation "due to some sort of error" by the way. If you are going to post with such an air of correctness you should really go for specifics.

I love how this guy rips on a poster for posting with "such an air of correctness" when he doesn't even know what hes talking about when it comes to lag switching. Lag switching cannot be done on games that are hosted server-side, it can only be done on games that are hosted on a players system and only the host of the game can do it. I could go into further detail but I'd rather not waste time.

P.S. Please don't revive dead threads.

nekitamo

Master Recruiter

07-09-2010

Quote:
Stark Lonestar:
2 Question...

If what the Riot engineering team is saying is true and its a server side glitch in the coding, and the server is failing to send data to the other players notifying them that said "glitched player" is making an action....is said "glitched player" aware that he is glitched and its obvious to him that he is teleporting around the map? I've only seen one instance of this so called-glitch and it was a game my roomie was playing where some Jax player on the opposing team was well aware that he was moving all over the place and the other team couldn't keep track of him.

Also if the server just isn't sending information to the other players to let them know where the character is how does he move from one lane to another so fast and be conscious of being there, what you implied is that he would have ran to that position on his screen and we just wouldnt have saw him again until he popped up, this player i saw was conscious that 1 second he was bottom lane and the next he was top lane and loving it. Also the towers in the game would not target him as well and that leaves no data to be transfered from server to end user to be lost.

All of this leads me to believe that some fairly intelligent people have been monitoring packets while connected to the LoL server and using extensive networking analyzing tools ie. Wireshark, and Kane and Abel and could possibly have cracked whatever encryption you use, and are modifying patches so that when your server receives them it does what the user is telling it and not what the actual actions are. With this being done is could appear to other players as lag/latency issues while none of the other people in the game are experiencing it and would be isolated to only that person. I'm not saying you are wrong im just saying this is a possibility, not everyone that plays this game is a teenage kid or still in college or has no life and all they do is play it. I for one am a Network Engineer with a CCNA, Security+ and Network+ certification along with 6 years of hands on Enterprise Networking experience and packet spoofing is a legitamate form of hacking in all games that are server based..... anyone that plays TF2 knows about the people sending modified packets to the TF2 servers to instantly unlock achievements and items.

Think about this, analyze this, and consider it a possibility and maybe think about up'ing your encryption to say 512 or 1024 bit, instead of an easily cracked in 4 hours 128 bit and maybe a day or 2 for 256 bit. These people could have been at this for months capturing and analyzing packets and figuring out which bits were used to notify the server of the character moving, attacking, using abilities, i personally can not analyze a packet in that detail but im not a programmer and deal with layers 1, 2, and 3 sometimes 4, of the OSI Model. For anyone in the IT carrier field you will understand what this all means, and to those of you who dont, dont down vote this ****, look it up and also enjoy using K and A its pretty f'ing awesome to do a bit of ethical hacking.
Do you have any idea what you are talking about? LoL doesn't work that way.

ifuurmom

07-10-2010

it is totaly impossible to hack League of Legends.. belive me.. this game is so well and lovely scriptet... no way man there is nothing you can do...

in my opinion there are no hacks... totaly

Attero

Recruiter

07-11-2010

Quote:
Stark Lonestar:
2 Question...

For someone with whatever degrees you claim to have you aren't realizing a very simple and obvious reason why your comparison fails.

LoL is server side, only, and always. The clients don't even have the software necessary to host games. This means that there is no message you could ever hope to send to the servers that can't have a sanity check attached to it.

It isn't even necessary to encrypt server / client communication because the server doesn't send anything the client isn't supposed to know, and because Riot can 100% guarantee that their servers aren't being in-house hacked a simple sanity check attached to actions a client tries to make would be easier and faster than detailed encryption.

eternal death

05-03-2011

it ticks me off so much when someone says its "impossable to hack" or something along these lines. because if anything was impossable to hack wouldent u think the us government would be impossable to hack? well guess what it gets hacked. and far more then u would beleve yes most of them are cought but atleast 30% of them are not. yes hacking lol is possable is it easy. not by any means is it easy but it is possable. a program such as wpe can send false packets to make the server think it should do something even tho it shouldent. such as "map hacks" by makeing the server think ur somewhere that ur not u can make the server show that spot. now a program such as wpe would be seen by riot and the user would be baned but it goes to show it is possable just u need a good hacker.

Mudflap

05-03-2011

Quote:
eternal death:

cool necro bro

Garrand

05-03-2011

why won't this thread die