What do you feel about the current System?

I really like the Score System. 34 56.67%
I really prefer the traditional K/D/A + Capture System. 26 43.33%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Honesty Moment - Does anyone actually care about Dominion Personal Score?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kuznets

10-27-2011

Do you know how Elo is calculated? I thought this score is an analog of elo in dominion. It's really necessary to have it to match people with the same skill level. But unfortunately the way it's calculated now means very little. Guess RIOT will rework it couple more times in the future.

brainlizard

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuznets View Post
Do you know how Elo is calculated? I thought this score is an analog of elo in dominion. It's really necessary to have it to match people with the same skill level. But unfortunately the way it's calculated now means very little. Guess RIOT will rework it couple more times in the future.
Same as anywhere, I hope: win/lose game, gain/lose rating based on relative ratings.

Everyone loves to complain about **** teams, and believe me, I've had my share (Leona who builds moonblade as first item????), but if you consistently play above your rating, it will definitely rise, particularly in Dominion, where feeding isn't as major a hit to the team as it is in SR.

XeaL

10-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by weirding View Post
they could remove all forms of score besides the final nexus health and i would be happy.
yes!

Lolkoopa

10-28-2011

I don't mind the score system. I understand that a low score doesn't mean you are a bad player (ie defending bottom/top the whole game and not chasing for kills), but I hate it when people try to say their score doesn't matter when they have the lowest score on the team and did terrible. If you focused on kills and chasing the whole game and not capping/defending you deserve to have the lowest score.

The same thing with a high score. I'm tired of hearing "Wow you're bad you have less points than me" and they have 20 points more than you, or "My team is so bad everyone has less points than me". Of course they have less points than you! You're first place!!!

b0rg

10-28-2011

Neither option applies to me. I dislike the score system very much because it doesn't reflect your contribution yet many players treat it as if it does.

But K/D/A isn't really relevant either.

Basically I don't think we need a way to compare our e-peens. What matters is whether you win or lose as a team.

Shaxtenn

10-28-2011

I'm happy when I notice that I got a gold medal.

I'm unhappy when I say something like "wait for us, don't dive in 1v3, go all at once" and get told "don't talk to me 1/10 scrub".

BigDaddyDelish

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-28-2011

Score means just as much as k/d/a.

In that it means nothing at all.

While I like the idea of the score system, there is just too much at play to really determine something like this accurately.

In the end, all that matters is that VICTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! announcement.

jars

10-28-2011

dominion is about running around dunking on people so they should implement some sort of dunk meter instead of personal score that goes from white boy can't jump to welcome to the space jam

and kills matter a whole lot. the 'kills don't matter' is a comfort phrase by people that don't do well, if you can't kill anything you will find yourself stuck in your base and getting 5 capped.