What do you feel about the current System?

I really like the Score System. 34 56.67%
I really prefer the traditional K/D/A + Capture System. 26 43.33%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Honesty Moment - Does anyone actually care about Dominion Personal Score?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kiddalee

10-27-2011

I always get a good score by capping points, fighting near points, and assisting teammates, but my win/loss ratio is terrible nonetheless.

Kiddalee

10-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephwrack View Post
If Heimer is forcing a 1v2 or 1v1 pushing hard down bot, he's doing an amazing job, your complete lack of appreciation of his presence aside. Just because you want KDR ratio doesn't make that a good measure of actual contribution.
Yes, but surely you don't mean to say that Heimer can never help at top and let someone else who is good at bot take over there. Lane switching works in Dominion, too.

lbgsloan

10-27-2011

KDA is bad too. I've had games where I was 4/9/X while playing bot in Dominion yet successfully held my point for most of the game and neutralized and even captured the enemy bot several times. I had a game where I was 2/9/X as Ryze because I was the only one defending top all game. We won, because top always held until reinforcements came. Yet the latter game I had a jackass Yi on my team (inb4 redundant) screaming at me all game because of my 'bad KDA'. Clearly that is a good measure of contribution on Dominion, right?

Honestly they should just remove ALL 'scoring' in dominion and just list the captures at the summary screen, and only list the KDA on the match history in case you're personally interested. Scoring systems in this game mode do not reflect much of anything, as the final outcome is determined by the TEAM that plays the best. Not even that late game Jax or Kog can auto-win alone if his teammates are being really stupid and not taking and holding 3 points, and a good team taking and holding 3 points cannot win if their idiot Jax keeps running in 1v3 to try and take a 4th point and dying.

OxBaker

10-27-2011

But without a scoring system how will we know who to blame for losses

frumper

10-27-2011

Quote:
the scoring system doesn't really give much love on offensive cc supports like alistar, blitz, cho, taric (using tanky + cdr builds on these guys)
most of the time I'm playing with these fellas, I always get like 25-30 assists and ensure that my carries aren't beaten to pulp and giving them time to kick the enemy's nuts by constantly throwing a pulverize,rupture,dazzle or power fist here and there.
but still, it's just sitting at the 4th or 5th place
I've found myself slipping into this role more and more often because the team insists on 4 squishy carries, there's a dbag about 20% of the time that deems it necessary to call me out because of a low personal score, so frustrating.

All other posts that say the poll did not have enough options was correct, there is no need for a personal score at all.

FlyingZergling

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-27-2011

I wouldn't mind it if it was accurate.

It's not accurate.

Fluffyknowsyou

10-27-2011

Kdr is still one of the best measures of play, except for the martyr players who have a score of 1800 in one game. :P

Stez007

10-27-2011

I'd personally like it if they changed how score was defined, by having two separate scores: one for defense, one for offense. The combination of these two would result in the player's total score, but each would be calculated based on different metrics. This way, we could see if, for example, the Bot player did his job well; he'd have a very high Defensive score, but not as high of an Offensive score, resulting in a mediocre or low overall score. Meanwhile, the top Top player would have high Offensive and Defensive scores, but likely not as high Defensive as the Bot player.

Cukshaik

10-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champpion View Post
I mean does anyone here actually keep track / or care about having a score system in Dominion over K/D/A and Captures showing for players vs a Score System that is not easily understandable / straight forward as to why John Smith has 100 more pts than Bob Green?

I hate not being able to see K/D/A and Captures as a personal system so I know who is actually openly contributing vs a scoring system of the heimer dinger who is sitting bottom just farming creeps letting top lane get consistently pushed to 4 caps. And the excuse being that he is doing his job.

Or that feeders aren't penalized with a statistic showing that is what they are doing.

To be honest I don't think there is anyone who actually looks at their score and goes "I Must be doing good I have this much score by this period of time." or even knows how they got to the score they got too.

What do you feel about Score vs traditional K/D/A + Captures?
You say "to be honest" while lying to yourself. You made a post about this subject, obviously you care about the personal score.

brainlizard

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-27-2011

I'd love to see it gone. It really doesn't help the fun-factor of the game, imo.

Elo matters. That measures skill. Personal score measures kill-stealing and movespeed (i.e. getting there for the last second of cap).