What do you feel about the current System?

I really like the Score System. 34 56.67%
I really prefer the traditional K/D/A + Capture System. 26 43.33%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Honesty Moment - Does anyone actually care about Dominion Personal Score?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iProbie

10-26-2011

the scoring system doesn't really give much love on offensive cc supports like alistar, blitz, cho, taric (using tanky + cdr builds on these guys)
most of the time I'm playing with these fellas, I always get like 25-30 assists and ensure that my carries aren't beaten to pulp and giving them time to kick the enemy's nuts by constantly throwing a pulverize,rupture,dazzle or power fist here and there.
but still, it's just sitting at the 4th or 5th place

MojoHand

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxusmaximus View Post
The only time i look at the score is when we win the game and i look at stats to see what contribution i made. In the end it makes no difference because if we managed to successfully kill their top and start to cap with 3 people at top i will leave the cap to the others and move to where im needed or /b for gear then go back to windmill to def with full health. I may get a lower score because of it but it will contribute more to the team in the end.
You are a smart man and i would love to have you on my team. People who are greedy for personal score can lose you a game. Its happened before and i know it will happen again.

Forbiddian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-27-2011

I care about my hidden Elo. The more you win, the more competitive players are, the fewer feeders/afks, etc. I haven't seen an AFK or a Priscilla's blessing in like 30 games, and it's mostly because I've been winning a decent share.

I do not give a single **** about my personal score, though. I actually like seeing it consistently low (given that I won). I think it's interesting to note that I'm "gaming the system" by getting wins and making superior plays that aren't rewarded.

JayceJa

10-27-2011

personal score system can be abused, but a lot of the time its more accurate than people like to think simply cause they arent getting high.

sure, i had an Eve today that went ran around tagging last hits on champions and capturing points but not providing anything to teamfights, she cost us the game and got first place, but that was one game, and even with the OPs suggestion of having K/D/A next to captures wouldnt have show anything different

Sure, it still needs a little adjusting and changing, but the overall sentiment of the system is actually helpful, and if you dont like it, just ignore it

Elealar

10-27-2011

The system is just as stupid as the KDAs on SR. Nobody cares but I guess they're here to stay.

Dimonoin

10-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weirding View Post
They could remove all forms of score besides the final Nexus health and I would be happy.
Please Riot, please, please do this.

KaXaSA

10-27-2011

well right now the score system isn't that reliable and it actually encourages bad gameplay wouldn't mind if they remove it.

Finanzamt

10-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy1ogic View Post
I posted this on a similar thread, I think it bears repeating:

The scoring system is not an accurate measure of player skill, contribution to the team, or your reproductive organ.
It's like your rank on Halo, its a little symbol next to your name that doesn't make your gun shoot any different, it doesn't mean jack.
Dominion scoring system encourages bad play (ie multiple teammates capping the same point when others remain undefended). It doesn't do anything good for anyone and should be done away.
Hey designers here's a tip: let people decide for themselves who did well. Attempting to use a single number to represent dozens of factors is folly.
There's already a post game tool of graphs, charts, etc. Let people interpret the data themselves.
qft

Ukff

10-27-2011

The only time i look at the scores is when someone on my team calls "useless shaco" when im standing in a brush putting jitb and then i look and they're last on our team

FDru

10-27-2011

Bad poll, both are terrible.