What do you feel about the current System?

I really like the Score System. 34 56.67%
I really prefer the traditional K/D/A + Capture System. 26 43.33%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Honesty Moment - Does anyone actually care about Dominion Personal Score?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Champpion

10-26-2011

I mean does anyone here actually keep track / or care about having a score system in Dominion over K/D/A and Captures showing for players vs a Score System that is not easily understandable / straight forward as to why John Smith has 100 more pts than Bob Green?

I hate not being able to see K/D/A and Captures as a personal system so I know who is actually openly contributing vs a scoring system of the heimer dinger who is sitting bottom just farming creeps letting top lane get consistently pushed to 4 caps. And the excuse being that he is doing his job.

Or that feeders aren't penalized with a statistic showing that is what they are doing.

To be honest I don't think there is anyone who actually looks at their score and goes "I Must be doing good I have this much score by this period of time." or even knows how they got to the score they got too.

What do you feel about Score vs traditional K/D/A + Captures?

Weirding

10-26-2011

They could remove all forms of score besides the final Nexus health and I would be happy.

maxusmaximus

10-26-2011

The only time i look at the score is when we win the game and i look at stats to see what contribution i made. In the end it makes no difference because if we managed to successfully kill their top and start to cap with 3 people at top i will leave the cap to the others and move to where im needed or /b for gear then go back to windmill to def with full health. I may get a lower score because of it but it will contribute more to the team in the end.

Mailius

10-26-2011

You need a "no" radio button for your poll.

Nephwrack

10-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champpion View Post
I mean does anyone here actually keep track / or care about having a score system in Dominion over K/D/A and Captures showing for players vs a Score System that is not easily understandable / straight forward as to why John Smith has 100 more pts than Bob Green?

I hate not being able to see K/D/A and Captures as a personal system so I know who is actually openly contributing vs a scoring system of the heimer dinger who is sitting bottom just farming creeps letting top lane get consistently pushed to 4 caps. And the excuse being that he is doing his job.

Or that feeders aren't penalized with a statistic showing that is what they are doing.

To be honest I don't think there is anyone who actually looks at their score and goes "I Must be doing good I have this much score by this period of time." or even knows how they got to the score they got too.

What do you feel about Score vs traditional K/D/A + Captures?
If Heimer is forcing a 1v2 or 1v1 pushing hard down bot, he's doing an amazing job, your complete lack of appreciation of his presence aside. Just because you want KDR ratio doesn't make that a good measure of actual contribution.

EzeWong

10-26-2011

I think they should remove all scoring systems. You either win or lose it doesn't really matter what people's score says. The idea that someone is more "valuable" than someone else is one of the reason companies fail, basketball teams fail, and LoL teams fail.

Of course these things "affect" the game but they are not good measurements and I'd rather have none to distract people from winning then to have them at all.

I can't count how many people said "Oh I'm awesome I have good K/D ratio, I must be a superstar" but consistently loses games.

Arduous Kill

10-26-2011

Personally i just look at the little shiny 1, 2, or 3. If i don't have one of those, it bothers me, and encourages me to look for more ways to contribute to my team better. However i DO sometimes get overconfident and lose my streak if i have the 1. So thats kindof a down side. But I don't actually look at either KDA or score during the game. just afterwards. (and no im not the guy that yells "IM CAPPING MID" just so i can get an early 40 points.) well.....thats why i volunteer for it, lol. but i don't mind giving it to someone else.

EDIT: just thought of something else. I often sacrifice myself to delay the enemy capturing a point, especially if it means getting a kill myself, or giving my allies time to reach the point and push our enemies off, or if an ally is capping an adjacent point and needs me as a distraction.

Galgus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-26-2011

I think that the Points system in place is probably more accurate than K/D/A for how you are doing, but I honestly don't pay much attention to it.

When I play Dominion, its not to score more points than my team-mates: its to work with them to pull off a win. My ego will live if my job gives less points.

Albert Dakkar

10-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weirding View Post
They could remove all forms of score besides the final Nexus health and I would be happy.
This.

Fuzzy1ogic

10-26-2011

I posted this on a similar thread, I think it bears repeating:

The scoring system is not an accurate measure of player skill, contribution to the team, or your reproductive organ.
It's like your rank on Halo, its a little symbol next to your name that doesn't make your gun shoot any different, it doesn't mean jack.
Dominion scoring system encourages bad play (ie multiple teammates capping the same point when others remain undefended). It doesn't do anything good for anyone and should be done away.
Hey designers here's a tip: let people decide for themselves who did well. Attempting to use a single number to represent dozens of factors is folly.
There's already a post game tool of graphs, charts, etc. Let people interpret the data themselves.