When should I buy runes?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shriek

06-20-2010

Just wondering

SomniumProxy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-20-2010

At around level 13-14 you will probably have some idea of what u want. When you do, you can start getting tier 1 runes. Fill your pages with tier 1 runes. When you hit level 21-23, you can start to replace them with tier 3 if you're satisfied with your choice.

cwatz

Adjudicator

06-20-2010

Red: Get both armor pen for physical champions, and magic pen for caster champions. 1 Page for each.
Yellow: HP per level or dodge
Blue: Cooldowns per level or flat cooldowns
Quints: Flat HP

In other words - 2 sets of red rune, 1 yellow for both pages, 1 blue for both pages. This setup can work on literally every single champion in the game and is the best way to start off a new rune book. After you have built up more ip and played more you can worry about buying more specialized types of runes, though these runes are often the best setup for people anyways.

Start off with tier 1 runes and use those until you get in your 20's, then you can start replacing them with tier 3 runes.

Kymera3

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-20-2010

Don't buy T2 runes they are not worth it, you can buy a few T1 but it's not worth filling up your page with.
Around level 15-16 you should start saving up your IP so at level 20 you can buy many T3 runes at once.
Hope it helps

Axl7507

06-30-2010

personally, i waited until i was able to by the tier 3 runes (lvl 20+) to buy. Yeah you can get lower tier runes then combine them blah blah, but having runes isn't that big of an advantage before level 20 anyway, so I wouldn't waste your IP. Just save it up, buy some champs you like, and then make some rune books when you can by level 3 runes. Being able to learn new champs and buy ones you love to learn them better is much more important imo than a few runes. By the time you get good enough to have runes matter thaaaat much, you're going to have more IP than you know what to do with, so dont worry