Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Counter AP-Sion MID?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MuhGeeSher

10-26-2011

I've been playing a few games in 1vs1 now with my good friend, and he's been playing AP-Sion mid and has been owning me. He just seems to stun them to low health and finish them off, or he'd do the Shield->Stun->Shield combo. Is their really a counter to AP-Sion, mid?

Warrrrax

10-26-2011

Yeah. Sion has terrible range and no bushes to hide in. So you simply plink away at him with your ranged attacks and stay out of stun range.

When you see his Shield come up, you back off. He either blows it up on your creeps and pushes hard or wastes it. Then, you go back and plink at him. Even if you did mess up and get in stun range, he won't be able to bring up and blow up a shield on you in time.

So as long as you aren't doing something stupid like taking another melee or short range dude mid vs him, you should be fine.
Who are you using anyways?

Pregnaloons

10-26-2011

Yeah it depends who you're using. But something most people forget is that to counter his shield, you destroy it. If he turns it on, hit him with a spell of your own (hopefully doing similar damage) to knock it off him. You have a few seconds after he turns it on until he can reactivate it to blow it up. This just means you trade mana loss rather than dying, so get some mana regen to start with. Other than that all he can do is stun you!

A good counter in mid to Sion is Malzahar, you can out spell him with your E's mana regen, you can silence him and remove his shield with your Q if you see him coming close to stun, Your W does more damage with Sions Health constantly increasing, and your ult cancels his out, since he won't be hitting you to regain any health. Even your passive helps you, if he stuns you with a voidling out, hes going to be more cautious about getting close so that he can take voidling hits while he hits you with his shield (Although your voidling may just explode).

Ragnaroked

10-26-2011

how to counter sion 1v1 mid. You dont if he mids hes bad as for a counter for him pick fid it makes him soooooo useless

Articno

11-12-2011

neerf sion

Sageoffire

11-12-2011

dont worry Sion is trash tier now, his abilities got a .1 ap ratio nerf. hes worse than eve.

Brun Deign

02-17-2012

I'd say Morgana is a good counter to him. Just pop on your Black Shield (Your e) when you go in to place your Tainted Soil (your Q) and he can't do much since his stun will just hit your shield. That way you can farm in peace and possible harass him more.

Also no one is going to read this so WOO.

Magic CXIII

02-17-2012

Quote:
MuhGeeSher:
I've been playing a few games in 1vs1 now with my good friend, and he's been playing AP-Sion mid and has been owning me. He just seems to stun them to low health and finish them off, or he'd do the Shield->Stun->Shield combo. Is their really a counter to AP-Sion, mid?

LB, Morgana, Jax, kennen, and cassio are my best picks vs ap sion mid. It simply comes down to who you are better at. Urgot can rough him up pretty badly as well.

BruceTrillis

02-17-2012

Ranged cc, Banshees Veil, MR, Popping the shield before he's in stun range. Ranged snares are really nice in my experience, like with Morgana and Swain.