Poppy tank item build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Roastbeef

06-19-2010

Hey I've been looking round for a good poppy tank item build, only ones I can find are outdated.

Could any Poppy players give some suggestions for some item builds for tank poppy?

Thanks

RayzaN

06-20-2010

Poppy isn't a real tank and she wasn't made to be one. She is a carry fighter, she smacks the faces of her foes with her trusty hammer, she may have a good damage reuction passive and her ulti may be protecting her for a good amount of damage, but she doesen't excell as a tank. I play her as an AD Poppy and if you payed a bit you will figure out how to mitigate most of the incoming damage.
If you really want to play her as a tank you should start with Doran's Shield, Ninja Tabi/Merc Treads, Warmog's Armor and idk 3 Sunfire Capes?
But still why would you want to transform a born cold-blooded killer into a tank?

gnmish

06-20-2010

Regardless of what kind of Poppy player you are (AP, AD, AS, Crit - shudder), I recommend TriForce, its got it all, HP, Armor, Attack Speed, Mana, AP, Move speed, plus a Q that'll make Mundo cry like a little girl.

After TriForce and Boots however, I like to build Rylai's and Aegis, both of which give a nice HP boost, Rylias is a killer item (Slow + even more damage to make sure they respect Whomper) and Aegis aura is awesome for team fights, both items should fulfil all your tankiness cravings.

Ofcourse Guardian Angel is always great, people will often underestimate how quickly Poppy can blast HP down, so you can get a cheap kill immediately after getting up from GA as their DPS stands around to finish you off.

I would avoid Warmogs as Poppy's farming ability is awful compared to almost everyone else in the game.

LokiGodOfFire

02-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnmish View Post
Regardless of what kind of Poppy player you are (AP, AD, AS, Crit - shudder), I recommend TriForce, its got it all, HP, Armor, Attack Speed, Mana, AP, Move speed, plus a Q that'll make Mundo cry like a little girl.

After TriForce and Boots however, I like to build Rylai's and Aegis, both of which give a nice HP boost, Rylias is a killer item (Slow + even more damage to make sure they respect Whomper) and Aegis aura is awesome for team fights, both items should fulfil all your tankiness cravings.

Ofcourse Guardian Angel is always great, people will often underestimate how quickly Poppy can blast HP down, so you can get a cheap kill immediately after getting up from GA as their DPS stands around to finish you off.

I would avoid Warmogs as Poppy's farming ability is awful compared to almost everyone else in the game.
I like building Warmog's for her because of the hp regen, and the HP, not because of stacks, i do the followin if i tank with her: sheen, mercurys treads, triforce, warmogs, GA. If i dont tank, i go: sheen, mercurys, triforce, hextech gunblade or last whisper, black cleaver or bloodthirster

Dyshein

02-11-2011

The thing with poppy is, more HP actually makes your passive LESS effective. So if you do want to tank with her, you'd probably want to go with AR/MR/Dodge which combined with her passive reducing damage by 50% would make her even harder to kill when she's seemingly at low hp.