Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Do something to shaco for dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Morholt00

10-26-2011

I recently had the pleasure of playing against a bunch of Riot emplotees with a 3 man premade.....I was Shaco....they didn't facecheck bushes or do any of the dumb stuff that people will whine for a nerf about like 'lets go chase a Shaco into a bush since he has low health'. The battle was back and forth we were actually winning for most of the game until some noob poser notices that the enemy is Riot people and promptly afk quits MID game even tho we were WINNING.

BTW...in higher elo play Riot secretly knows Shaco needs another buff since there are so many counters.....which is why they gave him a bit more health last patch.

BTW most Shacos build glass cannon so if you can stun them you can 3 hit kill them...but yes this requires teamwork which is foreign to a lot of people in the game. You really shouldn't be wandering in the jungle solo anyways so this shouldn't even be a big problem!

Learn how to play the game.

Ikruti

10-26-2011

I used to have issues with Shaco on a point but I've found two things have really helped me.

First, I always push a minion wave in to his turret. At minimum this means the only box he'll have is the one he inevitably drops at my feet during the fight.

Second, as I like to play Graves, I buy a Lightbringer. So many Shacos think Deceive is a get out of jail free card. Also, I don't know if this is a bug or intended, but last game I was fighting a Shaco on his point and my Lightbringer was active on him. He ran back by his "hidden" nest but for some reason the moment he walked near them with the Lightbringer debuff on him, I could see all the boxes too. It tipped me off to not chase into the nest. So I'm guessing someone with the Lightbringer debuff must make everything stealthed around them in a small radius visible too.

Now I have lots of fun hunting and killing Shaco because his entire kit is centered around being an obnoxious nuisance. If I really want to be mean I'll buy an Oracle's too.

P.S. If you're an auto attacker, be sure to attack any fresh boxes he drops. Most likely you can one shot them. Keep in mind that if he's AP Shaco he can drop boxes (which you can one shot) and then...Shiv. Annnnd....that's about it. Shiv hurts but you should be able to rip him a new one in it's CD.

That said, it's not all peaches and roses. My largest issue with Shaco is that you can put a huge nest in a bush and in Dominion, there are several spots where the entire lane is covered by the fear radius. It's literally impossible to avoid unless you have the Sweeper (not valid on my AD characters) or Clairvoyance. And because the path is so small, chain fearing is almost guaranteed. These choke points are too numerous in Dominion and a large reason why I hate Shaco on Dominion.

FDru

10-26-2011

Quote:
DarkOneBR:
So you are complaining that the Shaco camps and pours all of his resources into defending 1 single turret?

Nope, pretty sure I was just countering a blatantly incorrect statement.

Quote:
Ulstan:
You should be building MR anyway, unless you like being destroyed by people like Jax and Poppy.

Not all champs can afford to build a ton of MR. Many don't really need to because they have CC as a defense mechanism.

It's that, with Shaco on the map, suddenly everybody does need to.

Quote:
Ulstan:
If a single Shaco has spent the whole game putting down 12-16 boxes at a single turret, why on EARTH are you attacking THAT turret? Go somewhere else where his boxes aren't. Grats, it's effectively a 5v4. You can spend 30s pushing the lane towards his turret every few minutes to make sure most of his boxes are constnatly being exploded pointlessly by minions.

12-16? Where did you get that number? Right out of your ass with the rest of your arguments?

So let's go ahead and 5v4 their base turrets so they can just rez and retake them immediately. Boy, that Shaco sure is wasting his time at top locking down Windmill. Definitely not doing anything useful at all.

Psi21

10-26-2011

Quote:
Danmal:
I believe every box sets the fear off again making this idea pretty worthless.

An easy way of 'balancing' AP shaco for dominion is to just prevent someone from being feared by a jitb for 5-10 seconds after the first fear. That doesn't ruin his flavour/playstyle but also prevents situations where your characters wanders around a jitb nest for 5 seconds.

The spell range on a box is 1450

If you hit a pile of them or even touch the circumference of the Windmill I believe you will set off all the boxes at once. Fear is applied once not in succession.

I do believe that Qsash will work allowing you to run straight through or to the edge of the Windmill node to ruin all the JitBs put there. And the added 56 MR from the sash isn't so bad either.

Again need to try it but more than often I am the AP Shaco.

brainlizard

10-26-2011

Quote:
WaterD103:
I think also a team against shaco should take promotes and garrisons and play a very frontal attack strategy so they dont have go in the jungle.

And here is your answer.

A 3-cap pushing strat that ignores the jungle turns AP Shaco into a complete liability for his team. Utterly shuts him down.

Mathaios

10-26-2011

Hextech sweeper reveals and destroy boxes.
Also, ad shaco>ap shaco for the fun factor.

Hikaru Genji

10-26-2011

Gotta love how bad AP Shaco players are bad, no matter what champ they play.

ANYONE with AOE/bush clear > Shaco boxer.

Argotto

10-26-2011

Quote:
Necks:
For a Shaco main player, you don't seem to understand your own champion very well.

Has it ever occurred to you that Shaco doesn't have to be played as AP on Dominion? Even if Shaco's boxes were modified for Dominion, he is still an assassin with an entire kit that utilizes AD.

AP Shaco is not the norm; it's the anomaly. Always has been. And AP Shaco strangely works on Dominion only because of how his boxes interact with the game mode and map through anti-fun mechanics that are poisonous to Dominion. Modify Shaco's boxes on Dominion and the problem is solved, with no casualties. It's as simple as that.

It is only a matter of time before Riot responds with champion-specific changes for Dominion. If Riot is truly serious on balancing Dominion for ranked and make it a tournament-worthy map, it's not a question of if, but when.

Problem is that he absolutely sucks as AD in this mode. You lose his aspect of defense that made him so great as AP. Sure you can 'roam' the jungle and pick up a kill here and there, but roaming the mid isn't what you should be spending your time doing at all.

You also lose the ability to poke people on points, because your shiv wont be doing much of anything. You can make all the assumptions you want, but just because you, and a few others who cry on the forums, even though many people have mentioned several counters, doesn't mean what you say will happen.

brainlizard

10-26-2011

Quote:
Argotto:
Problem is that he absolutely sucks as AD in this mode.

Not at all! AD Shaco is very, very strong. His utility paired with solid fighting makes him one of the best champs in the game, imo.

Argotto

10-26-2011

Quote:
brainlizard:
Not at all! AD Shaco is very, very strong. His utility paired with solid fighting makes him one of the best champs in the game, imo.

Maybe I am just not using him properly in Dominion, but I would agree that he is great in SR. I have yet to do well, or see anyone do well as an AD shaco in Dominion is all.