Do something to shaco for dominion

123456 ... 12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Argotto

10-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necks View Post
The question is not what he gets in return. The question is what he has already. The answer? He has the ability to break the game mode through anti-fun mechanics on Dominion.

That warrants a fix, does it not?
I would have assumed you would have noticed I disagree with that statement, due to him having counters.

If your idea of 'anti fun' is due to the fact he, like other stealth champs, require you to build differently, then I think you need to adjust your attitude towards this game. Again I say this: He is worthless without the boxes in Dominion. If they nerfed his boxes, how would he be viable? If his only good feature are his boxes that CAN be countered, then it is not game breaking.

FDru

10-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argotto View Post
If he was limited to 3 boxes, and stacked them all on top of each other, then that would be a bad shaco.

There is pretty much an equal chance that the fear will actually fear you away from the boxes as well, so it is not like it is ever a guaranteed kill if someone gets in range. People refuse to buy sweeper or oracles, which is why not only shaco, but eve and twitch can be so devastating in this mode. Like I said, what would shaco get in return if they nerfed the **** out of his already luck based boxes?
Actually, the chance of getting feared "away" from the boxes is pretty ****ed small. Running in most directions is still going to keep you in range of their attack for the full duration.

So let me see if I got this checklist right. When Shaco is on the enemy team I need to:

Buy sweeper
But oracles all the time
Stack a bunch of MR so I don't get insta-gibbed by a random nest (which, in reality, can consist of a whole two boxes)

Great, I can now "counter" Shaco. Too bad I am now getting completely destroyed by all the AD and tanky derps on his team and, unless I'm Ryze, I do no damage.

So basically, Shaco wins just by being in the game.

Necks

10-26-2011

Quote:
I would have assumed you would have noticed I disagree with that statement, due to him having counters.

So this Shaco maining player believes that Shaco is balanced on Dominion.

What. A. Surprise.

I already explained how oracles and sweeper do not counter a Shaco on Dominion. In this thread: brainstorm solutions for Riot to fix Shaco on Dominion.

Argotto

10-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
Actually, the chance of getting feared "away" from the boxes is pretty ****ed small. Running in most directions is still going to keep you in range of their attack for the full duration.

So let me see if I got this checklist right. When Shaco is on the enemy team I need to:

Buy sweeper
But oracles all the time
Stack a bunch of MR so I don't get insta-gibbed by a random nest (which, in reality, can consist of a whole two boxes)

Great, I can now "counter" Shaco. Too bad I am now getting completely destroyed by all the AD and tanky derps on his team and, unless I'm Ryze, I do no damage.

So basically, Shaco wins just by being in the game.
You don't need to stack a 'ton of MR' against an ap shaco if he is the only ap. Just get merc treads, which has 2 benefits to help deal with him. Less fear time and less damage taken.

I am guessing you have never actually played him yourself, because you don't seem to have any idea how often a box DOES fear someone away from the box. It tends to happen more often than not for me, that is for sure.

Argotto

10-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necks View Post
So this Shaco maining player believes that Shaco is balanced on Dominion.

What. A. Surprise.

I already explained how oracles and sweeper do not counter a Shaco on Dominion. In this thread: brainstorm solutions for Riot to fix Shaco on Dominion.
I do not main him, but I do play him :\

I could say similar things about you, such as being unskilled and being unable to adjust. Because as I said, he can be countered, and I do see people do it quite often, especially in draft pick.

WaterD103

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-26-2011

I think Sweeper is the best counter. You can use the activate to look for brushes and destroy the boxes.

I think also a team against shaco should take promotes and garrisons and play a very frontal attack strategy so they dont have go in the jungle.

Having said that, Shaco is the best or second best champ in dominion in my opinion. Im saying how i think one should minimize the damage, but I ban Shaco every game.

Funshade

10-26-2011

Quote:
Shaco can't just spam boxes everywhere AND defend a point with them. If a shaco is spamming every single box in a bush, then he is doing something wrong, period. They only last 90 seconds, so I actually hope shacos waste them by placing them in random bushes that might get a last hit on someone fleeing rather than defending a point against 2-3 people alone.

Again, you fail to answer my question. If they nerfed his boxes, what would he get in return?
if they nerfed his boxes they could buff his 3 other abilities to work off of ad. Oh wait.

Miojozord

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-26-2011

Well, I tought the same thing before I played lots of games with shaco, no better way to know how to counter when they counter you.

Fact: Against no minded teams shaco rules like there's no tomorrow, against oracles, sweepers and so you have a hard time but you will rule most of the time, but there's some caracteristics that will annoy him.

Silence. When you're an ap shaco and you are silence you became damageless and without any escape method, keep that in mind when you storm a point hold by a shaco, in a battle in windmill shaco can lay about 2 boxes and make lots os annoying escapes with teleport. So if you silence him THEN focus, he is a dead target.

Minions. Some of the boxes probably will be in the choke point where minions and champions will start caping, so to avoid that + tower and slow and probably a free kill, EVER push minions against a tower hold by a shaco.

Dont fear the fear. One of the most OP things that shaco boxes have are the instant long range fear of the boxes soon as you put their... Seriously, it takes TIME to the boxes activate, and if they aren't stealthed they will no atack, so if you have an oportunity, smash these boxes, lots of champs can do that from miles away. Even if you are melee, is better to avoid a greater damage and fear to chase a running shaco, so destroy that **** boxes everytime you see one.

MF. MF imo is a hard counter against shaco, she is the only champion till now that I have a really, really hard time against. Plus, she isn't a bad pick in Dom. The AOE + 2 hit skill probably will hit you and your clone. But the best thing in her (and afaik theres no other champion that do that) is that the ultimate will kill even the stealthed boxes, and a well placed ult can wipe all the boxes if MF are smart enough.

Scrincer

10-26-2011

honestly when you have a mage its so annoying, my basic attack kill a boxe in like 20+ seconds, and there is like 3.

OR i have to spend mana and be on cooldown forever...

OR just go through and lose half your hp.

Necks

10-26-2011

Quote:
Again, you fail to answer my question. If they nerfed his boxes, what would he get in return?
For a Shaco main player, you don't seem to understand your own champion very well.

Has it ever occurred to you that Shaco doesn't have to be played as AP on Dominion? Even if Shaco's boxes were modified for Dominion, he is still an assassin with an entire kit that utilizes AD.

AP Shaco is not the norm; it's the anomaly. Always has been. And AP Shaco strangely works on Dominion only because of how his boxes interact with the game mode and map through anti-fun mechanics that are poisonous to Dominion. Modify Shaco's boxes on Dominion and the problem is solved, with no casualties. It's as simple as that.

It is only a matter of time before Riot responds with champion-specific changes for Dominion. If Riot is truly serious on balancing Dominion for ranked and make it a tournament-worthy map, it's not a question of if, but when.

123456 ... 12