Do something to shaco for dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FDru

10-30-2011

A lot of people seem to misunderstand the changes they are making to Shaco.

A) JitB damage nerf (we don't know if it's base damage or AP ratio or both)
B) Increased placement range
C) Lower arm time

They aren't increasing their activation range, and this is definitely a Dominion nerf / SR buff.

AD Shaco might be "good" but honestly tell me you'd rather face a Talon than AD Shaco. Honestly.

The Wrongsword

10-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duskofdead View Post
He's obnoxiously uncounterable in Dominion. He may not be well played-- but this is true in Summoner's Rift as well. He's a hard champion to be decent with. But if you are, there's no true counter to him. He basically has the temporary ability to double himself or make a fight 6v5 (or turn a 2v2 into 3v2 or whatever else) and his boxes simply do ridiculous damage. One box at level 3 will 50% a Rammus at the start of the game. And it'll still do sick damage throughout the game, especially if he's AP, and you might very well run into more than one. If you run into two you didn't know where on a node, you're dead.

Riot bends over backwards to try to make stealth mechanics and assassins viable but not gamebreaking, but on this particular map, Shaco's a broken champ.

I honestly think that in Dominion, boxes need to be limited like Heimer Turrets or Teemo mushrooms, or need to die upon Shaco's death.
Amazing how so many people have no idea what they are talking about with Shaco. It is impossible for shaco to have a clone that does enough dmg to equal another champ AND have boxes that do "ridiculous damage"

For AP Shaco, Hallucination does not make a fight "6v5", AP shaco has no autoattack damage output and the clone does 3/4 of that. For AP shaco the clone is either a misdirection or an unreliable nuke dmg when it dies, in no way does it add another champ's worth of dmg to the field, because AP shaco relies on shiv and boxes for dmg and clone does neither.

For AD shaco the clone will do respectable AA dmg, but AD shaco's boxes do not do that much damage (because he is AD obviously). There is no such thing as a viable hybrid Shaco build, that only makes him terrible at everything.

And the box dmg output is getting NERFED NOT BUFFED (which is fine IMO) so people try to listen to what Riot is actually saying in these videos instead of hearing the word Shaco and going OMGWTFJKSDNFJKSDNF and running over the forums to bang your heads against the keyboard instead of understanding what is actually going on.

The buff they are getting is to make it easier to catch a fleeing enemy as above poster points out, the box-nest dmg output that everyone *****es about will be nerfed

Madra

10-30-2011

Dominion's map is so small and simple and no ability to ward the actual jungle gives AP Shaco a bit of a leg up. That being said, Kassadin counters AP Shaco about as well as anyone can.

Necks

11-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necks View Post
For a Shaco main player, you don't seem to understand your own champion very well.

Has it ever occurred to you that Shaco doesn't have to be played as AP on Dominion? Even if Shaco's boxes were modified for Dominion, he is still an assassin with an entire kit that utilizes AD.

AP Shaco is not the norm; it's the anomaly. Always has been. And AP Shaco strangely works on Dominion only because of how his boxes interact with the game mode and map through anti-fun mechanics that are poisonous to Dominion. Modify Shaco's boxes on Dominion and the problem is solved, with no casualties. It's as simple as that.

It is only a matter of time before Riot responds with champion-specific changes for Dominion. If Riot is truly serious on balancing Dominion for ranked and make it a tournament-worthy map, it's not a question of if, but when.

Look at all of these baddies downvoting me. When I write posts, I post the truth. When I state that Shaco's boxes are anti-fun on Dominion, there is nothing to dispute. It's simply true.

From the looks of the most recent patch, Riot obviously agreed.

This thread was supposed to be about brainstorming ways for Riot to balance Shaco on Dominion - not debating whether Shaco is already broken or not.

Im New Go Easy

11-08-2011

Lee sin = dead shaco dominion or not

Redtah

11-08-2011

Everytime my team goes up against a shaco who has good box placement we just swing around to whatever point he isn't heavily defending with his boxes and get that point because without a nest of boxes he is only mildly annoying and not a real threat.

aim1essgun

11-08-2011

I don't think a 3 box cap would make Shaco weak. His entire kit is good for Dominion, and 3 boxes is plenty.

Narogsun

11-08-2011

singed counter him