Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Do something to shaco for dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ninjaipod

10-29-2011

Quote:
SeƱor Pancho:
"make shaco more reliable and usable, to get done what you need to get done more often"

ridiculous. what kind of logic is that? "we know shaco is already pretty **** strong on both SR and CS, and we tought it would be a good idea to buff him further"

what?

1- afaik ppl complain about ap shaco, ap is obviously a secundary build (gimmick in SR) even if they affect ap the buffs are obviously aimed for ad shaco

2- if shaco is so strong on SR then why we don't ever see him in tourneys? because he isn't as good as you think he are.

if you look at all the assassin you will not that they have something in common:

burst power they can get in a team-fight qwer and that squish champion is now dead/ barely alive...

shaco don't have that he rely on auto-attacks to do dmg, you can't get in smash your head on the keyboard and profit. that's why they he need these buffs and that's why riot did it.

tldr
deal with it.

Quote:
slyguy6802:
Does anyone even mention teemo shrooms. They are great i shroom up the jungle all the time and enjoy watching foes die trying to pick up a shroomed heath pack! XD ^UP^

page 9. they actually do less dmg than jitbs lol

Necks

10-30-2011

Quote:
Ezreal:

Ummm, jack in the box is potentially one of the most brokenly powerful abilities in the game. I'm afraid I don't see buffs coming to it in the near future.

You read it, folks.

And then the boxes get buffed next patch, lolol.

MindlessLegend

10-30-2011

Yah I thought for sure they would lower the AP raito... oh well.

Fiery Flare

10-30-2011

stfu shaco abusers

the boxes aren't shaco's only problem, although they pretty much make capturing a point 5X as difficult, they do too much everywhere, those fears slow down enemies so much from getting anywhere

shaco can endlessly harass by popping in and out freely without any consequence, we all know flash is OP, shaco has a ****ing flash on super low CD so he can get out of any situation, go annoy and cap points and blink out of anything bad

Duskofdead

10-30-2011

He's obnoxiously uncounterable in Dominion. He may not be well played-- but this is true in Summoner's Rift as well. He's a hard champion to be decent with. But if you are, there's no true counter to him. He basically has the temporary ability to double himself or make a fight 6v5 (or turn a 2v2 into 3v2 or whatever else) and his boxes simply do ridiculous damage. One box at level 3 will 50% a Rammus at the start of the game. And it'll still do sick damage throughout the game, especially if he's AP, and you might very well run into more than one. If you run into two you didn't know where on a node, you're dead.

Riot bends over backwards to try to make stealth mechanics and assassins viable but not gamebreaking, but on this particular map, Shaco's a broken champ.

I honestly think that in Dominion, boxes need to be limited like Heimer Turrets or Teemo mushrooms, or need to die upon Shaco's death.

Argotto

10-30-2011

Quote:
Necks:
You read it, folks.

And then the boxes get buffed next patch, lolol.

You do realize that the aspect of the boxes you whiners keep crying about is getting nerfed right? He will actually be a little less affective in the jungle after the patch in SR. So its basically a nerf for Dominion, a buff for ganking in SR, however also nerfing box stacking which is what AD shaco depends on for early jungle.

You got what you wanted, and still fail to realize it is actually a damage nerf for shaco.

Duskofdead

10-30-2011

Quote:
Argotto:
You do realize that the aspect of the boxes you whiners keep crying about is getting nerfed right? He will actually be a little less affective in the jungle after the patch in SR. So its basically a nerf for Dominion, a buff for ganking in SR, however also nerfing box stacking which is what AD shaco depends on for early jungle.

You got what you wanted, and still fail to realize it is actually a damage nerf for shaco.

Except it will now be less possible to avoid triggering a box you actually know is there. Stumbling into 3 boxes you had utterly no clue were there at all was only one of the problems with Shaco on this map, it wasn't the only one.

And drop the whiner ****. Your response made you equally sound like a whiner, just on the opposite end of the argument, bitter and angry that something heavily abused right now is getting changed.

Argotto

10-30-2011

Quote:
Duskofdead:
Except it will now be less possible to avoid triggering a box you actually know is there. Stumbling into 3 boxes you had utterly no clue were there at all was only one of the problems with Shaco on this map, it wasn't the only one.

And drop the whiner ****. Your response made you equally sound like a whiner, just on the opposite end of the argument, bitter and angry that something heavily abused right now is getting changed.

Granted, I am a bit pissed that AP shaco got a nerf that affects SR, so you are right about me also being a whiner. However, even as he is now, he was NEVER a problem in SR.

Riot claimed that they would never nerf a champ in a way that would affect SR just to balance Dominion. Well that is exactly what they are doing. I enjoy both game modes, but truthfully, I play SR far more than I play Dominion, so forgive me for being disappointed.

Buru Diman

10-30-2011

Not gonna lie, I have been in around 80 Dominion games, almost all of them draft mode. The one I have faced a Shace, I dont really see why he has become one of the most banned in Dominion.
-AP Shaco power relies on box stacking in strategic points. When there are a lot of the boxes stacked on a base, I normally let the minions go first and they reveal most of the boxes, allowing me to range them down.
-When I get into a box nest near a health relic I was about to grab, its not that common that it kills me, nad when it does, its not like its a big deal since I was on low health anyway, hence I was directing myself trying to get the relic. A Karthus ult or any enemy who had tracked me could had done the same.
-Besides the boxes, AP Shaco is not very good defending bases or capturing. Especially if someone gets oracle or an anti-stealth item.

I can se the fun of playing Shaco and its worth, but I dont think he is worth of a ban that much in draft mode. Saying this, I dont think he needs nerfs cause of Dominion.

TL: DR-AP Shaco is the same in Dominion and SR, not OP or UP, just very bothersome to deal with.

Argotto

10-30-2011

Quote:
Buru Diman:
Not gonna lie, I have been in around 80 Dominion games, almost all of them draft mode. The one I have faced a Shace, I dont really see why he has become one of the most banned in Dominion.
-AP Shaco power relies on box stacking in strategic points. When there are a lot of the boxes stacked on a base, I normally let the minions go first and they reveal most of the boxes, allowing me to range them down.
-When I get into a box nest near a health relic I was about to grab, its not that common that it kills me, nad when it does, its not like its a big deal since I was on low health anyway, hence I was directing myself trying to get the relic. A Karthus ult or any enemy who had tracked me could had done the same.
-Besides the boxes, AP Shaco is not very good defending bases or capturing. Especially if someone gets oracle or an anti-stealth item.

I can se the fun of playing Shaco and its worth, but I dont think he is worth of a ban that much in draft mode. Saying this, I dont think he needs nerfs cause of Dominion.

TL: DR-AP Shaco is the same in Dominion and SR, not OP or UP, just very bothersome to deal with.

Most of the people complaining are the ones that refuse to adjust their builds, or even worse, chase shaco across the map instead of capping a point.

AP shaco is VERY team dependent. He cannot win games on his own, contrary to some people's notion. The only way that would be possible is if the entire other team consisted of only melee champs with gap closers, who all choose to jump onto shaco who has 6 jitb's lying in wait.