Do something to shaco for dominion

1234511 ... 12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ralmaz

Senior Member

10-26-2011

I played tons of games as AP shaco, I won nonstop and I thought it was cause of my skill and smart placing with boxes.

But now that I'm going against tons of ap shaco's I realize that the reason I was doing good as shaco, is BECAUSE THERE IS NO COUNTER TO A GOOD SHACO PLAYER!

I was playing melee, if I buy oracles all that will do is let me stare at the boxes under the turret, what am I gonna do..slap the box with my sword? I'll die.

So my only OPTION is to push the lane for 2 minutes, THATS NOT EVEN A COUNTER, while I push the lane they are getting free points and roaming, shaco gets to derp around and by the time I'm done pushing the lane, they just PUSH IT BACK, its not that hard and there is no way for me to dive into a million boxes cause I will drop dead instantly.

So I try to not play as a melee champion at dominion, just to avoid this problem. I play as a ranged carry, I'm shooting the boxes with the 250 g I spent on oracle, everytime I die. This puts me far behind in gold AND its an annoying process, this won't save me from going into a bush and dying by a SINGLE box. I buy magic resist and all this does is gimp me for any 1v1 against another champion. All I can say is 150 MR is NOT enough to survive a jitb nest.


Shaco is good at summoners rift, but at dominion he is obviously the most anti-fun champion that takes no skill. If I don't want to deal with the BS a good shaco player brings, I have to play the champions I didn't want to play.

Edit: Just added a screenshot of me getting 9-0-6 and first place as shaco WITH ONLY SORC BOOTS (sorry about the size of picture)


Edit2: Shaco boxes change confirmed. If they aren't reducing the Ratio to his boxes then this is obviously a straight up buff to his dominion playstyle


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Necks

Senior Member

10-26-2011

Modify Shaco's crystal scar aura with an additional effect: Shaco is limited to 3 boxes on Dominion.

Caitlyn's max traps is 3. Heimerdinger's max turrets is 2. Shaco's unlimited, stealthed, trap-turret-wards should be adjusted appropriately for Dominion.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Argotto

Senior Member

10-26-2011

What would he get in return? The boxes are really all that give him the edge. SR being a good example of him being quite weak compared to other champs even with them; take away that ability for Dominion and he wont even be viable.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Necks

Senior Member

10-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argotto View Post
What would he get in return? The boxes are really all that give him the edge. SR being a good example of him being quite weak compared to other champs even with them; take away that ability for Dominion and he wont even be viable.
1 box can take a champion below 50% health. A nest of 3 boxes can kill champions. Easily.

Shaco does not need 2 boxes at Windmill, 2 boxes in a random bush, 1 box at each speed/health shrine, and a nest of boxes wherever he is camping for a gank. That's just superfluous.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hobocop

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-26-2011

Shaco's boxes are softcapped at 9-10. They only last 90 seconds, and even with max CDR, you can only achieve a cooldown of 9.6 seconds.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Argotto

Senior Member

10-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necks View Post
A nest of 3 boxes can kill champions. Easily.

Shaco does not need 4 boxes at Windmill, 3 boxes in a random bush, 1 box at each speed/health shrine, and a nest of boxes wherever he is camping for a gank.
If he was limited to 3 boxes, and stacked them all on top of each other, then that would be a bad shaco.

There is pretty much an equal chance that the fear will actually fear you away from the boxes as well, so it is not like it is ever a guaranteed kill if someone gets in range. People refuse to buy sweeper or oracles, which is why not only shaco, but eve and twitch can be so devastating in this mode. Like I said, what would shaco get in return if they nerfed the **** out of his already luck based boxes?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Necks

Senior Member

10-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argotto View Post
If he was limited to 3 boxes, and stacked them all on top of each other, then that would be a bad shaco.

There is pretty much an equal chance that the fear will actually fear you away from the boxes as well, so it is not like it is ever a guaranteed kill if someone gets in range. People refuse to buy sweeper or oracles, which is why not only shaco, but eve and twitch can be so devastating in this mode. Like I said, what would shaco get in return if they nerfed the **** out of his already luck based boxes?
Because oracles reveal boxes in bushes before you enter them, right? Right?

Because sweeper doesn't have a ridiculous cooldown at all for its gimmicky effect, right?

On Dominion, Shaco's boxes are not luck-based. For one, the map is much smaller and more confined than SR. There are areas that, when placed, will 100% ensure that the nest of boxes will activate on a champion regardless if they have oracles or sweeper. What is the counter to that?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aikimiller

Senior Member

10-26-2011

They're simply too powerful on this map.

I'd say either cap it equal to the number of points you have in the skill, or alternatively increase the CD/ decrease the duration.

The other annoying thing is that the single item that can directly counter the fear isn't available on Dominion.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Argotto

Senior Member

10-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necks View Post
Because oracles reveal boxes in bushes before you enter them, right? Right?

Because sweeper doesn't have a ridiculous cooldown at all for its gimmicky effect, right?
Shaco can't just spam boxes everywhere AND defend a point with them. If a shaco is spamming every single box in a bush, then he is doing something wrong, period. They only last 90 seconds, so I actually hope shacos waste them by placing them in random bushes that might get a last hit on someone fleeing rather than defending a point against 2-3 people alone.

Again, you fail to answer my question. If they nerfed his boxes, what would he get in return?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Necks

Senior Member

10-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argotto View Post
Again, you fail to answer my question. If they nerfed his boxes, what would he get in return?
The question is not what he gets in return. The question is what does he have already. The answer? He has the ability to break the game mode through anti-fun mechanics on Dominion.

That warrants a fix, does it not?


1234511 ... 12