Distinguish stealth from brush invisibility

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hercanic

10-26-2011

Visually, when your character enters brush, they become transparent. A champion's stealth ability also causes them to become transparent. If already in the bushes, there is no way to tell by looking at your champion if they are stealthed or not.

To be fair, there is usually an icon above your ability bar that lets you know whether you are stealthed. If you can find it among all the other numerous icons, and if you can afford to take your eyes off your champion for the precious seconds it takes to find out. Simply put, a tiny buff icon isn't enough.

How can this be solved? I leave that to Riot.

However, here are a few passing ideas:

1. Have stealth make the health plate above your champion turn slightly transparent.
  2. Put a glow around stealthed champions (only you and allies can see it). Optionally, it could even be color-coded: Green means enemies cannot see you; red means enemies have spotted you (obviously, this would buff stealth with helpful info, so Riot would need to look at its effects on balance, if any). Either way, just a simple glow gives the added benefit of your teammates being able to see you better, such as a support with a heal that has your name on it.

Cimis

10-26-2011

Glowing red if enemies see you completely counters pink wards so I strongly disagree with that. But I do think that would be a nice little touch to distinguish brush from stealth

Hercanic

10-27-2011

Yeah, you're right about ward locations being compromised by the color coding, so scratch that (unless the anticipated stealth rework would allow for it). I was just thinking back to games like Chronicles of Rid**** where visual cues on your detection really helped stealth gameplay.

EDIT: Lol at the word censor. Now I'll always see something dirty in that title. Oh how technology has corrupted our minds! =oP