Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Should armored bears be in LoL?

Everyone knows that armored bears are terrible, as are the people that support them. 11432 100%
Because I want LoL to suck, I support armored bears being in the game. 2898 45.54%
Why can't we all just get along? Let's just add a skin to tibbers that is armored. 2032 31.93%
Voters 6363 .

Armored Bear Facts

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zileas

VP of Game Design

10-26-2011

So, I've heard some mumblings about this armored bear nonsense... I get the sense that this is a classic example of a few people on the fringe making a bunch of noise to try to promote a really bad idea... Much like when people necro threads from 2 years ago, or start buff Xin Zhao and Buff Graves threads. Anyhow....

A few facts of note:
1) The community STRONGLY rejected the idea of armored bears in a poll a while back:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=12153352

2) The average metacritic rating of games with armored bears is something like 65, while games we respect and love are generally far higher than that. I think that LoL would suffer a similar drop in quality if armored bears were added -- the evidence is in the ratings.

3) Armored bears have been predominantly successful in children's movies. LoL is not a child's game -- totally inappropriate for LoL.

4) Volibar, the originator of the armored bear concept, has been offering my staff candy in order to support his position. Obviously, none of them go for this because I'd likely fire them if they supported armored bears, and I offer candy too (and raises, which allow you to buy candy). The reason I bring this up is that if armored bears were such a good idea, Volibar would not have to bribe people to support his absurd ideas.

5) Since armored bears have become discussed on the LoL forums, the US economy has not substantially recovered. Coincidence? I think not. Investors are terrified of how much damage armored bears will cause to League of Legends, and therefore the California economy, and therefore the US economy.

I've put a helpful poll up so that the community can share their views... and so that I can clearly validate the fact that armored bears are terrible and should not be in the game. And so that Volibar gets the message and disbands the Armored Bear Lobby (TM).

- Zileas

Alpacalypse

10-26-2011

Who hurt you so long ago that made you this way?

PoPoBison

10-26-2011

I am amuse

jars

10-26-2011

I am against the idea of bears that are armored

I am, however, in favor of bunny suit wearing girls in named riven

Zileas

VP of Game Design

10-26-2011

Quote:
TheAccipiter:
Who hurt you so long ago that made you this way?

I just want what is best for LoL.

American Dreams

10-26-2011

````````f

ImmortalShade

10-26-2011

Shenanagins!

SilverHellion

10-26-2011

Yet again

Get the **** out of here with your terrible trolling. We want a ****ing armored bear. Stop talking and make an armored bear like your avatar makes sandwhiches.

Slashmeehup

10-26-2011

Well done, sir.

Sazfinger

10-26-2011

wut? ARMORED BEARS WANT NOWW