Extensive Domion Tier list

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blackfire447

10-26-2011

I'd have to disagree with Xin simply because behind Jax he is the best duelist in the game, and unless you are Jax once he Es to you you are dead. And I find glass cannon Xin keeps him just as good late-game as he is early game, and with some LS he may not be tanky but still kills squishies it 3 hits so glass cannon actually works pretty well on Dom, altho mallet is a must

And I'd also say Ez is tier 2 just for his insane mobility and ult...Even if he isn't the best carry his utility is amazing and his poke keeps anyone from capping a point. Like a Kog Maw when it comes to poke. just with a better early game and a worse late-game

HolliBR

Recruiter

10-26-2011

Lol this tier is so wrong. Morde and Anivia are great defenders. DPS ChoGath with real magic damage is good. Shaco aint broken. Dont wanna write more.

Arance

10-26-2011

After playing Riven in well over 50 Dominion games, I'm laughing really hard at her placement. I love her to death but she is god awful in 90% of games. There's too many champions that can kite her, out-damage her, or out-tank her since she excels at none of these (damage is good but isn't 'bursty' at all, and she's too squishy to live to get it out). Her strength comes very early then deteriorates for the rest of the game, and with the current respawn mechanics, this aspect helps the enemy team win more often than not.

Some other placements I disagree with (though many I agree) but that's by far the most egregious. But I suppose such is the nature of tier lists.

KimKelley

10-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by dredzach View Post
Karthus dies in an instant and just generally sucks. (sivir moreso)

Dying is not really a problem for karthus though. People waste their time diving you in a skirmish only to lose the war. If you want a turret taken, karthus is you man. He just rolls in, aoe's, dies but has done so much damage to the defenders that the other people on your team just roll them.

Philvarce

10-26-2011

I've been playing various support champions to see if any can really make it in Dominion.

I agree with you about Lux and Janna. Lux with max CDR and a movement speed item can move between your three points easy enough and laser to stop a cap. Plus if you max E she does a good job of pushing bottom lane.

Janna on the other hand. I tried to build her like I have seen some Evelyns play. High movement speed & and the pendant to cap faster but it just didn't seem to work. I still need to try different things though.

Soraka I quite like as well but I don't think I've been building her tanky enough, I will have to try that more so than trying to get +healing items.

I've had some success with Karma. All of her abilities are very useful on dominion, particularly her W now at the start or later if you need to rush back to a point with another champion. As she gets lower on HP her AP goes up so she can punish you for not finishing her off fast.

Taric isn't a bad choice either but I've only ever tried building tanky/ap items for him. I saw another taric with alot of AP/Attack speed items and he seemed to do well so thats another thing to investigate

Still more research to go though. I do agree though that compared to other champion 'types' - Supports have a harder time on dominon.

jars

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stimuz View Post
better than leblanc?
her damage is aoe so yes. I've had plenty of occasions where I walk up to 2 people defending a node and killed both of them in seconds. she's definitely better at 1-2-3ing people than veigar who is in tier 3, plus she has tibbers to lift weights for 45 seconds afterwards.

sorc shoes+haunting guise+deathcap is imo the secret to casters on dominion. the spell pen works much better than it does on SR because it's pretty common to see 5 people without a single mr item in a game.

MindlessLegend

10-26-2011

I main Soraka, and she is at least tier 3 for sure. As for Zilean I have not seen a good one yet, probly because you need a special type build for him that most have not bothered experimenting with... I would say he tier 3 from my experience.

RBomb19

10-26-2011

I must say as a Dominion Anivia player, you have underestimated her to the extreme. With Anivia, I can easily dominate bottom lane against a lot of the common champions. Her ult makes her so good at holding off and pushing minion waves. It is not uncommon for me to be holding the enemy's bottom turret in addition to my own.

With level 2 Frostbite and 1 level of Flash Frost, you can deal massive early game spikes in the beginning of the game. Admittedly, levels 4 and 5 can be tough before you get your ult, particularly if they have Promote. But after that, I have no issues being pushed unless they're pushing with 2+ people, but I can generally hold against 2 people. And at that point, my team should either be ganking, capping, or dominating the team fight top while I keep more of them busy.

Overall, I believe that you have grossly underestimated Anivia's power in Dominion, particularly in bottom lane.

Galgus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-26-2011

I don't really follow tier lists and try to stay out of "best champion" meta speculations, but its good to see you don't rate Veigar as badly as some.

I've been playing him almost exclusively in Dominion, and even though he has a slow start (faster than in SR) it doesn't take long for him to be doing his trademark nigh-unmatched burst damage.

I won't bore you with my item build, but I always rush maximum CDR on Veigar: it makes him a lot more survivable and able to sustain damage in a fight, which makes a huge difference in Dominion.

Veigar also makes up for his slow early game with monstrously high burst damage in the late game: and he counters the ever-popular Heimerdinger well when played right.

BeaverCheese

10-26-2011

Pretty good, but i thikn Ez should be t2 at least. he boats amazing damage that he can use from the other side of a wall, his ult is pretty low CD for interrupting caps from across the map. He's great for skirmishes