Malzahar - Maximizing your Prophet

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ZenithZephyr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-20-2010

Not interested in Malzahar, but +1 for the clever name.

MapNinja

06-20-2010

I would advise against getting rylais. RoA is a better investment imo. Except his ult (which is irrelevant because of the stun), all his skills are considered aoe, and thus receive only 15%, which in my experience, has pretty much not helped at all.

The best thing about Malz that i have noticed is his ability to destroy people when he himself is at 2 health. The way i play him is Ult > Visions > Null Zone > Void. The farm i'm able to pull off with Visions/Zone is worth more than the utility of the the silence. Not to mention Zone + Ult trap is pretty much his best move imo, so maxing zone earlier to me is a good idea.

I didnt consider ignite before but that to me sounds amazing, cant beleive i didnt think of it. Zone + Ult + Ignite would pretty much wreck anyone.

Also, some input on his ult. It's made up of two spells in one click. The first is a 2.5 second stun, and the second is the channel. Cleanse will only remove the stun. Also, Merc Treads will lower the duration of the stun so that you're still channeling when they get out of the stun. Basically, just think of it as two completely separate spells and everything else logically falls into place. A stun debuff, and a channeled Dot.

King Cool

06-20-2010

Not everything falls into place very nicely. The ult has a strange startup where you are channeling and the stun hasn't hit. It appears that it stuns you first, then a projectile leaves you and hits the target. Until it hits only you are stunned, and the enemy can silence you. It makes things less reliable, even if you think you are quick on the draw.

Nugready

06-21-2010

I've been playin' with Mal since he came out, and he isn't so bad once you get the hang of him. I usually take mid, but most of the time there's an Ashe to argue about it.

As for combo, I usually pop off my Ult first; Ult > Ignite > Call of the Void (before stun is over; less damage from Ult, but enemy is silenced when stun is done) > Malefic Visions > Null Zone (in their exit path). Only time it doesn't work is if the enemy has cleanse. With runes I use Mag Pen Marks ; 4 HP Regen Seals, 5 AP /per lvl Seals, AP /per lvl Glyphs, and flat +5 AP Quints. Items are usually Doran's Ring > Sorc shoes (or Merc Treads depending on how much CC other team has) > Rylai's for some AP, good HP > RoA > Archangle's Staff > Zhonya's Ring. If the game seems to still be going back and forth at this point, I'll end up selling Doran's Ring and pick up a Soulstealer to get a few stacks, end up having about 700 or more AP by end of the game.

Quick note on Null Zone: I don't really use this for damage output, not a lot of players will stand on a big noticable change on the ground long enough for it to do any good damage, I tend to use it to "herd" enemy players where I want them or don't want them to go, it works pretty well actually.

King Cool

06-21-2010

I think the main problem with Mal, aside from being an easy kill, is that he tries to do everything fiddlesticks does, only he does it significantly worse. Their jobs are basically identical, and their skills are structured similarly.

Fiddlesticks fear and lifedrain are basically the ult, only they both have more utility, don't horribly cripple you if negated, and are instant. They have short enough cooldowns, and offer flexibility over mals ult. They are, of course, 2 abilities, but 2 very good abilities. When the two are tied together in Mal's ult they lose a lot, and I mean A LOT, of their potency.

Both have silence, and you could make a case for either, maybe. Fiddle's silence is like void, only with more damage, and the silence is guaranteed.

His ult is like null zone, only the enemy can't walk out of it, because it's tied to fiddle and it obliterates everything. It does require fiddle to put himself in harms way, but once it starts it can't be interrupted. Mal has to put himself in harms way for single target damage and he CAN be interrupted.

What Malzahar has is his voidling and his uh... visions farming to make up for his weak early game.

OatmealCookie

06-21-2010

+1 for title.

Hell4Ge

05-26-2011

Uhm fail?

Malz pool deal true dmg, so spell vamp wont work

Malzahar ve some useful tricks to escape - Q silence (silence for 3 seconds?!) it can save ur skin

Pool vs low hp champs can stop them

ofc we ve flash too

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-26-2011

You worthless piece of ****, thank you so much for necro-ing this year old thread.