Yorick AP?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wild Wes

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2011

Just wanted to ask if AP Yorick would be viable :P. I've heard that all of his skill scales off AD but I'm not really sure. I was thinking that he could work well with a rylai's, lichbane, rabadons deathcap but anyways, is AP Yorick viable at all?

Mambazo

10-25-2011

None of his skills benefit from AP.

EDIT: Sorry, his W does. Still not a good idea.

Wild Wes

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mambazo View Post
None of his skills benefit from AP.

EDIT: Sorry, his W does. Still not a good idea.
:O well ok then, no AP yorick for meh.

Godmoney

10-26-2011

His W does scale off of AP. Personally I like to build Hextech Gun on him. The number one stat though imo for yorick is CDR and enough mana to spam your 3 attacks as much as possible.

Remember that for every ghoul you have out you gain Damage reduction. With some lifesteal from hextech and some resistances you can go toe to toe with almost any hard hitting AD carry.

Also I've found the 21 point defensive tree is nice to stack with his passive.

Warrrrax

10-26-2011

Teh wiki is your friendn http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Champion

You can then see for yourself that he has ONE whole AP-scaling skill. And a bunch of AD scaling skills...plus all of his summons scale off of AD. Plus his own autoattack which he does use.

ThaBlackHand

10-26-2011

W and E benefits from AP... but only when you summon them and explodes in target... then the omens do attck damage... I recommend little AP for yorick like an Abyssal Scepter (MR + Mpen) or Deathfire Grasp (active + CDR) ... or even the Hextech Gunblade (You already have lifestealing with the E, but if you want more... Plus its active)... But just 1.. it's not viable AP yorick as you would be sacrificing AD, and omens do AD (main source of attack)..

I build:

Core:
Manamune
Atma's impaler
Berserker Graves
Warmog's Armor

Then 1 (more Attack Speed + Armor Pen + Life + AD (+AD bonus from atma's):
Frozen Mallet
Black Cleaver

Then 2 (Attack Speed + Sheen bonus for Q + Armor Pen):
Sheen-> Trinity
Sword of the Divine

For Runes I take 9 mark of desolation, 3 quint of desolation, and all yellow and blue Shielding.

hope it helps.

Zigadenus

07-18-2012

It's not really "recommended" to build him as AP, but I have been building him with a lichbane, Rylai's, and Death Cap, and have yet to lose a game

Warrrrax

07-19-2012

Wow, shocking. Another Junior Member necroing stuff from a year ago to add his redundant and ridiculously stupid opinion.