Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Info - LoL System Requirements

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Samouette

04-20-2011

With the minimum requirements that are posted on the first page, do we have a lag, or it's ok (even in big team fights) and if I don't get shadder model 2.0 on my video card, can I play and if yes, how ?

nyboy221

05-01-2011

Hey all

I just purchased a new laptop in order to do work and play games in the living room where my wife does most of her work. I had thought that the laptop would allow me to run the game smoothly on low settings, but upon installing and running a custom game I am only getting 15-20 fps when there are other champs on the screen besides myself. This is with everything set to very low. I was wondering if my computer is not up to the task like I thought it would be or if there is something else I am not seeing.

Specs:

Proc: AMD Phenom II P650 Dual 2.60 GHz
RAM: 6 gb
64 bit operating system
AMD M880G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250

Thanks in advance for the advice/answer

Sting187d

05-10-2011

Quote:
nyboy221:
Hey all

I just purchased a new laptop in order to do work and play games in the living room where my wife does most of her work. I had thought that the laptop would allow me to run the game smoothly on low settings, but upon installing and running a custom game I am only getting 15-20 fps when there are other champs on the screen besides myself. This is with everything set to very low. I was wondering if my computer is not up to the task like I thought it would be or if there is something else I am not seeing.

Specs:

Proc: AMD Phenom II P650 Dual 2.60 GHz
RAM: 6 gb
64 bit operating system
AMD M880G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250

Thanks in advance for the advice/answer

The video card in your laptop isn't that great. 15-20 fps seems about right.

SusanIsDead

05-16-2011

Hi im planning on buying a new computer or build one and my first concern is to be able to run LoL with everything set to Very High. What should I get and/or what do I need? and how much should I expect to pay for it? Thanks

Quote:
reapermaster:
The system requirements for League of legends has not been finalized, nor will it be finalized until it is about to release. Below is a list of requirements that I have compiled based on post in the forums.

This a minimum recommended. It may run on less, but it is not advised

OS
XP Service Pack 3
Vista Service Pack 1
Windows 7

PC Requirements
CPU 2 GHz CPU
RAM 1024 meg memory
Hard Drive approximately 1.3 gig of hard drive space
Video Card must support shader model 2.0
- nvidia: GeForce 5 or better
- ati: any 9xxx after and not including the 9250, any Xxxx after and including the X300
- intel: no clue, if you have an idea let me know
Video card memory recommended minimum is 512 meg at the moment
Internet connection required at all times currently, Dial-up will not work currently

SLI is not currently supported. Some users have had no reported issue. Others have reported anomalies and sometimes crashes.

Crossfire works, but I do not know if it is officially supported at this time. Personally I run it and have had no problems.

MAC Users
To even consider doing this your machine MUST SUPPORT bootcamp. Using any form of virtualization will not work

Linux Users
Attempts have been made to get it to work in WINE but I believe it currently does not work because of a problem with scrolling on one of the agreements. If I understood correctly its a known problem with WINE. However I have not kept up with all of the post so I recommend you do some searching within the forums.

SYSTEM COMPARISON
If you would like to compare your rig to what some of the other users out there are using refer to the following post http://beta.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=7989

EDIT* Sli comments updated

3OIZrhf4SlmNj4RT

09-26-2011

I've got a HP pavillion
Geforce 9600M GT
Centrino 2.3GHZ
3G RAM

I get really low fps even on low-medium settings on LoL :/ I should be able to play fine at least on low

RBurnanur

10-07-2011

amd m880g and ati mobility radeon HD 4250

would this work?
i keep getting "bugsplat!" crashes though

Tryndamere4300

10-13-2011

I have an Packard Bell... 8gb RAM 1gb grafics(Ati Mobillity Readeon 5650) Intel Core i5 480m 3m cache...

I still get lags.. My FPS is set on Benchmark. It reaches 180... But only when the game starts. When im in combat. It loweres. Sometimes at 30-40 FPS. I got a sick gaming pc. Why do i get so low FPS? I think there is a matter about the internet connection(latency). If its on 10-25. No lag. Even with 10fps... I have 200 latency.

You think i have a point in this? Please let me know.

Thanks.

Soreblaster

Recruiter

12-15-2011

My brother runs the game smoothly on a P4 2.8 Ghz, 2Gb ram, XP SP3, Nvidia Geforce 5200, idk the settings i guess lowered.

I also run the game smoothly on hybrid X-fire Radeon HD 6720G2, 2.3ghz AMD-a6 APU, 8GB ram on max settings.

a high dwarf

Recruiter

12-17-2011

i am planning on getting the samsung series 9 900x3a....its got second gen intel core i5, and a intel hd graphics 3000 graphics card. Can that run LoL?

Answer ASAP (planning to get new laptop for xmas)

Netiger

02-28-2012

Not sure the 1.3 gb space requirements are up to date, I have 2.7 gb free and the installer by itself is 2.1 gb size, let alone patches and updates.