How can i get a higher FPS in lol

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AlexBuzz75

10-25-2011

What settings i must do at video to get a decent FPS because now is only 20 ..

Do i must change my ATI HD 4350 Video settings ? and if yes what i have to activate and what i have to deactivate...

Please Help me..

Haricots

10-25-2011

What settings do you use?

BíonicKraken

10-25-2011

Turning off shadows will likely make the biggest difference for you.

PatMcGroyne

10-25-2011

Set everything in game to low and disable sound, other than that make sure your drivers are up to date and you aren't running a lot of programs in the background.

I carry Alex

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-25-2011

Shadows kills computers that aren't up to date.

Turn that off and you'll hit atleast 50.
Before I replaced my four year old computer I was hitting about 12 with shadows on and 70 with shadows off.

SwiftyMcGee

10-25-2011

live in socal

Teeker

10-25-2011

i usually got a stable 60, but since graves patch its unplayable for me. but yea, disabling shadows and lowering effects will be the biggest difference for you

Leondre

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2011

in the catalyst control center or whatever its called now, just make everything "use application settings".

in game turn vsync off, screen tearing in general is almost unnoticeable in any game.

or play at a lower resolution

CRIPPLED BOOTSY

10-25-2011

dont buy a computer from walmart

Haricots

10-25-2011

Another thing that you can try is to terminate the process "lolclient.exe" in taskmgr when you are in the game or at loading screen.
That is the UI with the shop, matchmaking, etc. that you have before the match and it is still running in the background to some degree. It usually just use an indecent amount of memory, but it seems to help some.
The only issue is that you need to start the game again after you are done with the match.

If you were helped by that but still feel that it is awkward to need to start the game again (and miss out on the post game screen) then I would suggest that you download the neat program pssuspend from microsoft. (it's part of a packet of tools called pstools or something like that)
You could then create two shortcuts on your desktop (or wherever you want them): "Pause lolclient" with the target "pssuspend.exe lolclient.exe" and then "Resume lolclient" with the target "pssuspend.exe -r lolclient.exe"