Dominion: Why do many SR players not like it?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Uccisore

Senior Member

10-25-2011

It's not an improvement on SR, it's a different game mode.

So of course some people are going to not like it as much, and some other people are going to like it more.

Why is this confusing?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Geekweezul

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokingJoeNL View Post
Dominion has even less fighting than sr bro. It's about backdoring points. If you like that cool. I like fighting so dominion is pointless.
Seriously...what version of Dominion are you people playing? I'm fighting constantly in my games...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Timebomb0800

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-25-2011

I only played SR until dominion came out aswell, but to be honest, I actuallly like Dominion. The strategising in SR is fun at times but everynow and then I cbf having to go through 15minutes of laning and then actually start fighting. Dominion my not require skill in terms of strategising to the extent of SR (although Dominion still requires strategy such as knowing when to kill, when to cap, and what to cap). Personally I find dominion requires skilll in knowing who you can kill easily or beat 1v1.

I'm surprised people haven't yet realised the awesomeness of Nocturne on Dominion, especially with his ult. Also, I'mn alos surprised know one else has realise the strategy I use. I help cap mid, then go straight to the enemy's without using ghost or anything. Sometimes my team manages to cap top, sometimes they don't, but even if they don't 99% of the time I manage to cap their mid in the time it takes for the team fight top to finish. So even if the enemy caps top, it's still 3 CP to the enemy's 2


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ActionButlerGO

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by QAZAZ View Post
If you win its fun if you lose its not fun.
And, honestly, is it ANY different on SR?

Never mind the fact that, personally, if it was a good, close Dominion match, I still feel pretty good even with a loss.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Emperor Seth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-25-2011

Huge balance issues, lack of depth


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LastTestament

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekweezul View Post
1. No frothing. Just because I disagree with you doesn't mean I'm stark-raving mad.

2. I never said SR was only 20 minutes of farm. I was just trying to point out the main difference between the two.

3. Map awareness is pretty important in Dominion. Backdooring is a huge strat and being able to see it happen is a large part of defending your points.

4. I still don't understand your reasoning of why LoL isn't built for Dominion. Is it because you just specifically don't like Dominion style games? That's what it sounds like.
The main difference you are pointing out is completely negated by the roles of the game, a champ like nasus will farm for the laning phrase. A jungler will farm but also gank. if you classify things with a simple stereotype then realize i can do the same with dominion but it proves nothing either way.

when you have a constant map wide radar, map awareness is not the same as any fps where at best you get a gunshot radar but you could easily walk into a 4 man ambush. something that can still happen in rift but rarely in dominion.

My reasoning lol wasn't built for dominion? cause it wasn't Lol is a moba created by people who did some work in mobas before hand before dominion came about and certain champs were not created with this board in mind.

You are saying people created home bound sockets for Ipods. No this is simply not true and just because it can be used that way doesn't mean it was suppose to be or balanced around it.

it's very very very simple.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cyndikate

Senior Member

10-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastTestament View Post
I really wonder how those dominion people found out about Lol since you hate the core gameplay of a moba so much.
Those are based one several argument posts I've read.

I don't hate it, I like it. I accept it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AA247

Senior Member

10-25-2011

dominion is feel is too chaotic. Theres less organization than a solo q game.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Geekweezul

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMaster View Post
I'm ignoring the first two because I feel they're irrelevant to me.

3. It's not map awareness when you can see 70% of the map and 90% of what's going on. In SR you are limited in what you can see so you have to make educated guesses as to what enemies are doing once you can't see them. Are they gearing up to gank the jungler or take a buff? Or maybe they're about to gank mid? Or maybe they skipped mid and are headed top? Maybe they just went back and now you lost that experience because you were being more cautious.

I've only been surprised as to what happens in Dominion a couple times, and those times I was surprised was simply because I was busy fighting people and couldn't look at the minimap for fear of dying and losing a point.

4. Because it wasn't built for Dominion. It is balanced around SR. We can see this a bit more in TT and a lot in CS. Champions that have skills that are balanced on SR could be ridiculously overpowered or completely useless in Dominion. The only way to solve this problem is independent balancing. In SR a champion has these stats, and in Dominion they have these stats.
Using the map to see what enemies are doing is map awareness. The fact that you can see more is more reason to use your map. People are not yelling out mias.

When someone isn't on the minimap, you're not using map awareness to figure out where they are...you're using intuition and personal experience.

I can say that it's easier to tell where someone is going in CS of how much is shown on the minimap...but that just means you are using the minimap more often, or at the very least just as much as you would in SR.

Ok, I agree with you on champions being built and balanced around SR, but that just doesn't deter me from feeling that Dominion is a viable gamestyle. Does it still need work? Yeah. Does SR? Yeah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastTestament View Post

My reasoning lol wasn't built for dominion? cause it wasn't Lol is a moba created by people who did some work in mobas before hand before dominion came about and certain champs were not created with this board in mind.
So you're just basically saying you don't like change. It was made for one purpose and one purpose only. It cannot be adapted at all.

Ya know, viagra was orignally created as a blood pressure medcine...

And I don't hate SR at all. The farming can get boring, yeah...but it's still fun. I just think Dominion is fun also. Which is why I play both.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hootyea

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-25-2011

lots of people keep thinking dominion is just herp derp kill kill kill
thats just because theyre soo simple minded they cant figure out something better
dominion is just different, soo it takes different kind of skills to play it (comparing each other is like comparing death match with capture the flag)

though its true dominion has a long way to go, fixing balance and map issues, its also true some champs dominate way more than others. SR doesnt have this gap (at least its not that big)