Dominion: Why do many SR players not like it?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ActionButlerGO

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRIPPLED BOOTSY View Post
i honestly hate dominion

cause 99% of dominion players dont think kills are important

well when the enemy teams hyper carry is already 17-1-0 in the first 8 minutes

it means you wont win the game
Sort of fair point, I suppose. But, I have to ask, is it the idea of Dominion you hate, or just the fact that people haven't figured out how to play it yet?

viledemon19

10-25-2011

i don't like it cause it has the same problem as TT

the right team comp you win

plus the type of game doesn't require much skill.

makes certain champs useless and certain ones godly. 1v1 champs are king which is annoying

Best Zed

10-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionButlerGO View Post
Ok, this is one that I would really like some clarification on, if you would be so kind.

I see teamfights in Dominion nearly every game. And I don't mean the 3v3 at windmill. I mean, at some point in every good Dominion game there is an inevitable skirmish involving everyone that usually goes a long way in determining the outcome of the game. Is that so different fro SR?

Again, thanks all for the responses!
Ok, I'll start to clearify that way. We both can surely agree that Dominion isn't based on 5v5 teamfights. Dominion is based on capture points. Attack some, defend some. Running around as 5 in Dominion isn't ideal. 5 people rushing one point gives the other team the opportunity to just split-cap 3 other points -> making them split up. A 5v5 in Dominion doesn't really show up. I had it once and only because I was missing the teamfight so I forced my team to go as 5 and bring back SR feeling. Rushing as 5 can be a good thing when it's very late into the game and you wanna force kills to "abuse" the long respawn time to capture points.

So, to be more detailed on my point in a short version:

5v5 teamfights usually do not happen compared to SR.

Iceyhackr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2011

dominion is fun, if i only have 20mins to spare then play that or if i just wanna kill some kids.
its basically just the pvp aspect of SR put on a different map. if people were smart, they would use dominion for SR practice like me.
UO mage duels, you learned by cycling ur 64 spells. yes 64 spells. LoL is no different.
Dominion = solo map awareness, reactions in team fights, cycles, where to b on map. zoning, list goes on and on

Mísanthropic

10-25-2011

Dominion >>> SR

LEVEL 5 DAGON

10-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionButlerGO View Post
That right there may be the key that I've been looking for to confirm my initial suspicion.

Dominion just isn't SR
I play TT and enjoy it.

I'd love to see more classic maps. Dominion just does not capture the same gameplay that made DotA so competitive, and LoL so popular.

Hell, I wish Dominion were more like SR, then I'd probably prefer it to the current SR. Capture point gameplay is great, but not when you're sacrificing everything else that makes the game good for it.

McMaster

10-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekweezul View Post
3. Map awareness is pretty important in Dominion. Backdooring is a huge strat and being able to see it happen is a large part of defending your points.

4. I still don't understand your reasoning of why LoL isn't built for Dominion. Is it because you just specifically don't like Dominion style games? That's what it sounds like.
I'm ignoring the first two because I feel they're irrelevant to me.

3. It's not map awareness when you can see 70% of the map and 90% of what's going on. In SR you are limited in what you can see so you have to make educated guesses as to what enemies are doing once you can't see them. Are they gearing up to gank the jungler or take a buff? Or maybe they're about to gank mid? Or maybe they skipped mid and are headed top? Maybe they just went back and now you lost that experience because you were being more cautious.

I've only been surprised as to what happens in Dominion a couple times, and those times I was surprised was simply because I was busy fighting people and couldn't look at the minimap for fear of dying and losing a point.

4. Because it wasn't built for Dominion. It is balanced around SR. We can see this a bit more in TT and a lot in CS. Champions that have skills that are balanced on SR could be ridiculously overpowered or completely useless in Dominion. The only way to solve this problem is independent balancing. In SR a champion has these stats, and in Dominion they have these stats.

QAZAZ

10-25-2011

If you win its fun if you lose its not fun.

Ukaei

10-25-2011

SF. You have to farm.. then.. if you do happen to farm well, which is boring, and if your teammates feed then it was all for not.

Dominion ftw.

ActionButlerGO

10-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurabu View Post
So, to be more detailed on my point in a short version:

5v5 teamfights usually do not happen compared to SR.

OK, I think we are on the same page. I definitely cannot argue that a proper 5v5 is rare on Dominion.

Thank you.