Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Dominion: Why do many SR players not like it?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cenerae

10-25-2011

Quote:
Geekweezul:

I'm sorry...what version of SR are you playing that makes every game different? Because every single SR game I've played has been 1 tanky deeps top, 1 ap mid, 1 jungler, 2 bot (ad carry and support). And don't stray from that because omg meta.

Laning phase is different every game, meaning the mid and endgames are shaped differently and one team can claim an advantage by outplaying the other.

In Dominion it doesn't matter who does what because everyone gets sufficient gold for their big items anyway, and nobody 'falls behind' by playing poorly. It's less about skill and more about picking good 1v1 champs. Not to say that there's no skill involved, it just feels like the opportunities to display it are fewer, meaning all games tend to play out exactly the same.

Edit - as for the 'SR meta', I'm not a slave to the meta, or tier lists, so that part doesn't apply to me.

ActionButlerGO

10-25-2011

Quote:
LEVEL 5 DAGON:
isn't the game I signed up to play.

That right there may be the key that I've been looking for to confirm my initial suspicion.

Dominion just isn't SR

Nami Dragon

Recruiter

10-25-2011

I think it's mainly the balance issues. I enjoy playing dominion, but when you see the same champ chosen every game, you know there must be something wrong

SmokingJoeNL

10-25-2011

Quote:
Cyndikate:
Because people who play SR like to patronize other players and generalize them as low ELO scrubs, because Dominion rewards aggressive play, feeding is a less of a concern, and last hitting is not a requirement.

The people who prefer dominion don't like the idea of sitting in a game for 30 minutes doing nothing but last hit. They don't like the idea that the game is nothing more than wins and losses being determined by who got fed.

Dominion has even less fighting than sr bro. It's about backdoring points. If you like that cool. I like fighting so dominion is pointless.

McMaster

10-25-2011

Quote:
Geekweezul:
I'm sorry...what version of SR are you playing that makes every game different? Because every single SR game I've played has been 1 tanky deeps top, 1 ap mid, 1 jungler, 2 bot (ad carry and support). And don't stray from that because omg meta.

You're the one who decides to use that meta. I don't. I roam Twitch, I do enjoy a solo top AD Gragas, mid as Corki... You don't HAVE to listen to the meta. It's not perfect.

Every game I play feels like a different game.

Soulshox

10-25-2011

The laning part is the hardest part of the game, which dominion takes out. Laning makes and breaks your game, it could be the difference between a 20 minute surrender and a long 50 minute of slow... slow defeat.

CRIPPLED BOOTSY

10-25-2011

i honestly hate dominion

cause 99% of dominion players dont think kills are important

well when the enemy teams hyper carry is already 17-1-0 in the first 8 minutes

it means you wont win the game

Geekweezul

10-25-2011

Quote:
LastTestament:
Ah you like to cite me for stereotyping your argument then you do it yourself.

You say SR is nothing but 20 mins of farm, I say Dominion is a weak version of the laning phrase and I add a ad hominen by saying you just like it cause you can lose faster.

Oh wait...that's horrid logic.

Lets try again. Saying Lol wasn't built for a map like rift is stupid because that is the core gameplay. While domination in COD is just a simple extension of team death match where quick kills/deaths are encouraged. also you don't have the same map awareness.

You could easily try to solo B and run into a 4 man ambush.
In dom you pretty much know what to expect and you can miniaturization to win.

If you honestly saying that Lol has the same type of underlining gameplay motions as a fps does then I'm afraid your logic is more faulty then mine.

Like i said you like it, most don't but stay sane and clean up the frothing you got going on

1. No frothing. Just because I disagree with you doesn't mean I'm stark-raving mad.

2. I never said SR was only 20 minutes of farm. I was just trying to point out the main difference between the two.

3. Map awareness is pretty important in Dominion. Backdooring is a huge strat and being able to see it happen is a large part of defending your points.

4. I still don't understand your reasoning of why LoL isn't built for Dominion. Is it because you just specifically don't like Dominion style games? That's what it sounds like.

Jason Only

10-25-2011

It is unbalanced. But, worse of all, it is impossible to balance with the current champ rooster.

Dominion also punishes scrapes, and in its place promotes mad scrambles towards waypoints.

Finally, it feels... LoL lite. Not engrossing enough for my tastes. I like games with a strong, definite beginning, middle and end.

3v3ryone

10-25-2011

even though dominion have personal score team cooperation matter there even more. GL wining dominion 4vs5, it's much harder than on SR, unless teams are unbalanced skill-wise.

besides sh!ty map balance, some champions simply own there, while other suck.