Dominion: Why do many SR players not like it?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ActionButlerGO

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duelpower View Post
Haha I was just kidding there obviously. :P

I put a serious answer at the end of page 2.
lol, I saw the serious answer, too.

I still like your first one more :P

caidus

10-25-2011

Sr it feels good getting a kill or assist knowing you earned it, on dominion meh kills/assists mean nothing and you can't carry teams on dominion.

DarkHatred

10-25-2011

It's a quick game mode that can be enjoyable but its not a serious thing.

RE Bantos

10-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroon McKraken View Post
It's mindless drivel, you're literally doing next to nothing engaging. It's just WEEEE OH I KILLED YOU WOOOO NOW WE GET THE POINT YAAAAY.
As opposed to "WEEEEEEEE OH I LAST HIT A MINION WOOOOO NOW I GET TO LAST HIT THAT ONE THERE YAAAAAY"?

Let's face it, the typical laning phase on SR takes about as long as a full Dominion game.

Nephrael

10-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroon McKraken View Post
There's actually a key difference, small scale skirmishes in LoL are much, much less about skill and more about things like...who has their exhaust up. This is strategic on SR where avoiding confrontation to secure these advantages is an option, but on Dominion you have to fight...all the time.
Thats what I've loved about dominion though, it changes the game from a long-term, tactical game, to a small scale, fast paced war. I've pulled off insane clutch moves on dominion in order to net kills and win points mainly because im not afraid to get killed. In summoner's rift theres a constant fear of feeding the enemy team and it promotes a little more careful play.

Example: the other day I spotted a nidalee at low hp on dominion, i was pretty low but i decided to get her away from her point and kill her. As I ran at her she threw her spear as nidalees do, and I flashed over the spear, stunned her, then blew her up.

Would this have happened on summoner's rift? It might have, but I probably wouldnt have gone for it because I would have had an ever present fear of nid's entire team being right there.

TL;DR Summoner's rift is an awesome map I play a lot, but There's something about the fast paced action of Dominion that makes it a great choice too imo.

Zamíel

10-25-2011

I play dom to test different builds for my main couple of champs and try out obscure builds and **** you always finish about 3-4 items which is about as much as you finish in a SR game only you do it in half the time so testing builds in a live fire situation is way better then either wasting your time in retardly easy coops or risking your build not working in a reg game and feel bad you were a drain on your team.

ActionButlerGO

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2011

Alright, from a number of the responses, a thought just occurred to me.

How many veteran SR players consider League to be synonymous with SR? As in, Summoners Rift IS League of Legends.

Perhaps this is my biggest problem since, being a new player, I'm looking at League as an umbrella under which there is SR, TT, and CS.

Elite Midget

10-25-2011

Not enough bans.

LastTestament

10-25-2011

This thread
.Point is made
.Op and friends come up with a best case scenario to counter point full well knowing that in most games you will not get that best case scenario

hey you guys like it, it's cool most of us don't.

Ansate

10-25-2011

I really do like the mode.

I just really don't like how it's the same champs day in and day out. That and defending isn't exactly easy and the mode still needs a few mods.