Dominion: Why do many SR players not like it?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Psycho Pretzel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2011

Dominion is awesome!

DrBrainage

10-25-2011

It is a mini-game, it is faster, but worse.

Think the speeder mini-game in Kotor, that is what I compare dominion to in relation to SR

Collapsar64

10-25-2011

If i'm playing by myself Dominion is more fun, I can have fun win or lose and not need to rely on my allies. If I'm playing with my friends, either is fine since there is enough coordination to have fun.

AnonTwo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessPally View Post
I don't really like dominion because A. It feels more unbalanced than SR, and B. It feels more like a game of tag than anything else.

I was told to expect fast-paced PVP action, and instead its OH HELLO ENEMY YI LETS IGNORE EACHOTHER AND JUST GO CAP DEM POINTS MMKAY? :c

Also, the only thing anyone wants to do is "Cap 3 and hold" which is boring as ****.
1.Yeah it more unbalanced, but at the same time Neither are truly balanced. Dominion better supports a different cast of champs than SR (For example,Heimer in SR? lol...Heimer in Dominion? first pick/ban)

2.That was week 1 when people were stupid. Instead of ignoring each other they actually fight 10x more on Dominion

3.Thats the most simplistic idea of the game,and will make newbies lose. yeah you have to cap 3 and hold, but without pressure they'll just 4-5 man a node to cap it. You have to be pushing bottom. You have to be stealing their mid, you have to be trying to cap when the enemy team sends too many on one node. And trust me when i say that very little of this involves not fighting champs. Duelists champs are very powerful here.

That and Laners. I remember someone hating theres no lane phase? Theres actually one ENDLESS lane phase. It's why Yorick and Heimer are so powerful.

It's called the bottom lane. Push minions for 20 miniutes and whoever loses gets yelled at as 1-2 teammates have to give up top to help. Oh and yeah,there are ganks too.

The only thing Dominion really lacks is jungling. But it has roaming instead.

Angelhead

10-25-2011

bump

tainteddaze

10-25-2011

it has to many problems with it the fact that people can die 100 times and not lose the game with 2 points is one of those problems. Game should be more tactical like not well if i can just hold these 3 spots i win that is kind of boring after awhile. Its like a ****ty version of ab from wow. Its fun to play for a while but no one will take it serious. The should do something with movespeed tbh on the map like making a aura where everyone gets the same base movespeed or something like that. I'm not to sure what needs to be done but it will never be better then sr the with the way you win games right now.

Lenarin

10-25-2011

One of my new thoughts. Characters/items that are suddenly OP/UP on Dominion get nerfed/buffed which throws off balance on SR. Akali/Gunblade was never the issue before Dominion came out.

AnonTwo

10-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by tainteddaze View Post
it has to many problems with it the fact that people can die 100 times and not lose the game with 2 points is one of those problems. Game should be more tactical like not well if i can just hold these 3 spots i win that is kind of boring after awhile. Its like a ****ty version of ab from wow. Its fun to play for a while but no one will take it serious. The should do something with movespeed tbh on the map like making a aura where everyone gets the same base movespeed or something like that. I'm not to sure what needs to be done but it will never be better then sr the with the way you win games right now.
Except it's more tactical,you can't win by just killing the champions.

-I can beat you by just forcing 2 of your guys to take back bottom
-I can beat you just by forcing minions to cap a node you ignored
-I can beat you just by wasting 5 miniutes of your time on a lost node.
-I can beat you by capping your node with 50 minions INSTEAD of fighting you

Kills don't matter,objectives do. But ironically you fight more on Dominion than SR. There are many ways to deal with champions that don't just include dueling.

The one thing i believe Dominion does better than SR,above all us,is that Dominion isn't passive.

The game with the MORE passive mindset (defend 3 nodes) is the more offensive game.

gg.

Quote:
One of my new thoughts. Characters/items that are suddenly OP/UP on Dominion get nerfed/buffed which throws off balance on SR. Akali/Gunblade was never the issue before Dominion came out.
Except it was. You just didn't read any of those threads.

-Galio dying to Akali during the duration of his teleport
-"how do i beat Akali solo top?"
-"How do you stop Akali from getting fed?"
-"Akali snowballs too easily"

I won't say i agree with these,but all these threads happened.

TheTenthDoc

10-25-2011

Quests are an awful device. Since you don't know when they spawn it actually discourages you from aggressively capping, since there's a good chance you'll have to "defend" one of the enemy's base points which is next to impossible without losing two of your own.

They encourage incredibly passive play when they are up. It's much better and easier to defend your point than cap the enemy's.

Whoever thought they made the gameplay more aggressively in design was just...wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonTwo View Post
Except it was. You just didn't read any of those threads.

-Galio dying to Akali during the duration of his teleport
-"how do i beat Akali solo top?"
-"How do you stop Akali from getting fed?"
-"Akali snowballs too easily"

I won't say i agree with these,but all these threads happened.
All of those happened after Akali QQ was out in full force. I timed it to the hour; Akali only hit Singed/Morde levels of QQ when Dominion beta was in peak hours. Before that it was strictly the usual Garen/Singed/Morde.

Arguing with that is impossible.

Genomax

10-25-2011

I personally like playing Dominion when I'm tired of supporting/failing to farm in SR. It's nice to have so much free gold floating around.