Cho'gath and Dominion

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Azkalas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-23-2011

He is fine, except he can never max his stacks. lol It's pretty hard to keep them up. I suggest removing the penalty for Dominion mode, honnestly.

Aeshura

09-23-2011

you lie, defend bot turret, use feast to kill attackers (grab garrison ofc) win, i died like once

Hobocop

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-23-2011

I agree. If you play the defensive role with Cho'gath like you should, it shouldn't be too difficult to maintain Feast stacks. Works really well when I build him tanky AP, so my burst combo does sick damage and I can just burst anyone down to dead or nearly dead in one full combo. My turret will take care of the rest.

I also like to get a good attack speed item like Nashor's Tooth, since I like to max Vorpal Spikes first, and they end up hitting like a truck, enabling me to clear minions effortlessly and I can autoattack people off my point for substantial damage, even being able to interrupt multiple channels at once due to the AoE, letting me save my CCs for when they attempt to dive me.

I do think something needs to be done to help those with snowball mechanics on Dominion in general, but it isn't a huge issue.

Brackhar

Features Designer

09-23-2011
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Yeah, we're looking at this. Definitely a pet project of mine.

Trixie

09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brackhar View Post
I love you.

Ridley

09-23-2011

I didn't have problem maintaining stacks as Cho in dominion.

I stayed Bot, defender, killed, got all 6 stacks, never died after getting them (I died two times previously) and just laned and pushed their nearest turret at bot.

I basically used Aeshura's strategy. It worked so well that we crushed the enemy team thanks to my defence and being able to take their turret a couple of times while they were distracted partly with me hitting their turret. In short, I was forcing it to be a 4v4, sometimes even 3v4 game.

SenorAmor

09-23-2011

How about they first fix the Feast bug where I need to be violating the guy for Feast to land?

Reapexx

09-23-2011

I want unlimited Feast stacks and no death penalty, ONLY FOR DOMINION.

GIANT GIANT GIANT CHO'GATH, YEAAAAAAA

Profcory

09-23-2011

Hmmm...interesting, Brackhar. My understanding from all the build up was that champs wouldn't be balanced separately between the games. Is your comment, then, suggesting a Dominion-only change to his Feast? Or are you suggesting a change that would apply to both? I think his ult is pretty balanced for SR play, so how would you go about this?

Heartlis

09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brackhar View Post
So is this confirmation that some champs may work somewhat different in SR and Dominion? Im not saying every champ ability should have 2 different values/functions, just the stand out stuff like Chogath's feast stacking, GP's ult, and Rammus's movement for example. In Warcraft, Blizzard made the big mistake of having classes operate under the almost completely same rules for PVE and PVP and it's caused massive issues for years in terms of balance in both areas, Id hate to see that here.