How does one carry a bad team in solo queue?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Semantic Memory

Recruiter

06-19-2010

Hey guys,

Given the approach of Season 1, I've been practicing my best tryhard character, Ezreal, once a day to keep my skills sharp. Lately, however, I seem to continuously run into completely incompetent teams. I've tried just about everything somebody following the "Summoner's Code" could think of - I've been buying wards (or trying to when I can afford them), taking mid so I can *try* to carry, and even advising my teammates (kindly) to buy wards by themselves/to pay attention to the map/to have the tank build, at least, based on what the enemies are building. I've been trying to emphasize the idea that pushing towers wins games, and not just ganking, and yet it seems like I always have 2-3 people go back to heal rather than push after a successful teamfight. I've been doing pretty well in terms of K/D (I've been getting upwards of 7-8 kills and about 2 deaths). In the end, however, I feel like there is absolutely nothing I can do, at least on Ezreal, to carry a team that is full of inexperienced players. To be honest, I feel like I'm better than the majority of players in my ELO bracket (which is most likely low-mid given the builds that people are making...serker's greeves and Malady ftw?)

I guess the point of this thread is to actually ask: is there anything else I should be focusing on specifically to carry a lackluster team with Ezreal? Also, though I've been playing physical ezreal lately in solo queue because I believe that he can carry better than AP Ezreal in an unorganized team, are there champions that are better at carrying/making up for a team's mistakes than Ezreal? I was thinking about playing Soraka, but my problem with her is that I feel like she actually amplifies a team's strength, but doesn't necessarily add to it (in other words, if your team sucks, there ain't jack **** you can do about it).

Thanks for readin',
- Chaos

Floydian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-19-2010

You have to wait until they fix their game.

TheIronFist

06-19-2010

You don't play ezreal to carry. You play soraka and get innervating locket. Then you hope the other team isn't a premade and you roflstomp because your team is invincible. If the other team is premade prepare to go 0-15.

On a more related note. You just need to set up good ganks and be positive. I've found positivity can win games. Be a commander and tell people what to do. Most of the time they will listen.

Mat Cauthon

06-19-2010

Unfortunately, if the rest of your team is bent on you losing, there's not much you can do. Especially with Ezreal who (in my opinion) is not very good at pushing towers solo. At least with Sivir or Shaco or Tristana you can pretty much handle a tower or 2 by yourself if your team goes back to heal, but Ezreal kind of needs the team to be there in order to work to his full potential.

Still, if you're as good as you say, you'll move up the ladder slowly but surely (because I think ELO takes into account your personal skill, not just whether you won or lost), and you'll start getting paired with better teams, so I wouldn't worry too much about what other people are doing and just focus on keeping your game sharp.

I do recommend finding a few good buddies to play with, though. It makes a world of difference.

xDiamantx

06-19-2010

I get a bunch of kills as Katarina even when my team sucks, although I can't usually win the game even when I wtfpwn the other team.

Glorious Bird

06-19-2010

This isn't DOTA. Being a carry and raping face will not win you the game.

YYZed

06-19-2010

You pick nasus and farm for 50 minutes.

FogSpy

06-19-2010

I think you and I need to play some arranged team
I have the same problem basically

sorry ms jackson

06-19-2010

I've gotten a string of games where my teammates have been absolutely horrible in every possible way.

UNchristian

06-19-2010

You can't unless the other team is just as bad.