Swain vs. Akali

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

UnRuli

10-24-2011

Who carries harder?
Who takes more skill?
Who is more efficent/dependable?

Mutant Diplomacy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-24-2011

Both.
Swain.
Akali.

Swain requires you to know how to hit Nevermove, when to get into melee range, mana management, how to last hit with his crappy AA, and who to focus on.

Akali only requires you to know her quick combo, when to engage, and who to engage on.

Since almost every team carries an Ignite, anymore, Swain is a little less efficient in his role than Akali is in hers.

Ryft Mith

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-24-2011

Well, right now Akali is a FOTM. But that doesn't really change anything, because people should learn how to counter her.

Anyway, most assassins are extremely snowbally, so if Akali is fed and has a proper build, she can appear to carry harder but in the long run Swain will do so because he is much more dependable. Both take some skill, but Akali is generally R>Q>attack>repeat>W if necessary, so she's relatively easy to play but like all assassins can be difficult to time correctly. Swain's combo depends entirely upon what he's facing, but it generally includes E, R and autoattacks, keeping his CC in reserve.

If you're looking to buy one, I'd vote Swain because you'll get to play him more often because Akali is the FOTM and Swain can fill more roles in the team.

Matkatamiba

10-24-2011

Swain is nowhere close. Earlier, I versed a swain who was 8-0 in laning phase and ended up losing badly. Let's imagine an Akali with that many kills that early...

Roose Bolton

10-24-2011

akali carries harder, unless she's shut down by Swain. and Swain CAN shut her down very hard, which makes him one of the few capable of doing so.

regardless, Akali can still carry harder by roaming and slaughtering sidelanes even AFTER getting shutdown by swain lol. op ninja hooker

Bananoid

10-24-2011

Swain's a solid AP carry, and Akali's a solid assassin. Both are hard to kill, and both do a lot of constant damage. Akali might take a bit more precise clicking and timing, while Swain's more of knowing when to fight, and mana management. Swain depends on doing well early game though, farm or you fall behind so hard it's not even funny. Akali can make a comeback, since her damage is pretty good. Both are just too different, y'know.

Gundaime Kai

10-24-2011

Swain. I've had plenty of games where I've gone from being a bursty mage to sustained damage mage to off tank mage. Swain can't "carry" his team persay, but I like to think of him along the lines of Maokai or Singed. They can get extremely tanky with resistances and health, while still doing great daamge. BTW, if you're not using Northern Front Swain, you're not Swaining.

Mutant Diplomacy

10-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundaime Kai View Post
BTW, if you're not using Northern Front Swain, you're not Swaining.
Or you're waiting for him to get a new skin.

I was one of those people, but I couldn't keep waiting when Northern Front went on sale.