Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

What happens next?

[NMR] Remain in the Black Keep. Wait for our enemies to act first. 18 3.47%
[NMR] IronStylus will surely return. Seek the aid of the Nikasaur Manifest. 35 6.76%
[NMR] Attempt to acquire the services of the various mercenaries and pirates of the Realm. 43 8.3%
[IsC] Forge alliances with the Brotherhood of the Armored Bears and the Nyandalegion. 257 49.61%
[IsC] Try to appeal to Lady Nikasaur in an attempt to draw her out of neutrality before the NMR. 65 12.55%
[IsC] Return to Parrotopia. Begin printing anti-NMR propaganda and distribute it to other factions. 15 2.9%
[Mercenaries - If the NMR approaches you] Help them. 28 5.41%
[Mercenaries - If the NMR approaches you] Do not help them. 26 5.02%
[TNM - If the NMR approaches you] Lend them your aid. 5 0.97%
[TNM - If the NMR approaches you] Remain neutral for now. 6 1.16%
[TNM - If the IsC approaches you] Lend them your aid. 13 2.51%
[TNM - If the IsC approaches you] Remain neutral for now. 7 1.35%
Voters 518 .

[Community Event] The Riot War - Chapter 1 - The Incident

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Golden 001

10-24-2011

Quote:
Llamia:
Servitor of The Nerf Lord
The Nerf Lords Right Nostril:
You would invite these vagabonds to our abode, our sanctuary? For what reason? You know what I think? I think you're afraid. You fear the IsC when there is no cause to fear them. You would hire the likes of these mercenaries and what then? How much are you going to sacrifice to get rid of this annoying gnat?

One does not hire mercenaries to stomp out a maggot. One does not bother getting into war with a bunch of angry maggots. One finds the fly and sterilizes it before it can lay anymore eggs and crushes the rest of the maggots swiftly and decisively devouring them for sustenance!
...It's not a perfect metaphor.

Regardless you get my point, We don't need the help of the mercenaries to stomp out the IsC if we act quickly, before this plague can spread.

Rara Rebellion

Would it not be simpler to hire the mercenaries to "crush the maggot" as you say? Why do your own dirty work when there are those willing to do it for you? Perhaps, if you play your cards right, they could be set up with the blame should events turn foul.

But then again, perhaps placing an unknown variable into your plans may spell your doom. Mercenaries are known to be fickle creatures, easily bought by the opposing side. Nobody but themselves know where their loyalties lie at any given time.

There is much to consider, isn't there?

Eclipse Apostle

10-24-2011

Quote:
The Golden 001:
Rara Rebellion

Would it not be simpler to hire the mercenaries to "crush the maggot" as you say? Why do your own dirty work when there are those willing to do it for you? Perhaps, if you play your cards right, they could be set up with the blame should events turn foul.

But then again, perhaps placing an unknown variable into your plans may spell your doom. Mercenaries are known to be fickle creatures, easily bought by the opposing side. Nobody but themselves know where their lyalties lie at any given time.

There is much to consider, isn't there?

NMR

Where then does your faction stand with these events? Do you too fall beneath the claw of the Pigeon King, or are you all of a sounder mind?

The Golden 001

10-24-2011

Quote:
Eclipse Apostle:
NMR

Where then does your faction stand with these events? Do you too fall beneath the claw of the Pigeon King, or are you all of a sounder mind?

Rara Rebellion

"We all" is a poor statement for the Rara Rebellion. We were small even at the best of times, with few seeking the dark power of the downvote. We seek to harness its power, much as our patron has. Upon the beginning of this struggle, some of our members banded together to gather power, seeking downvotes and in turn downvoting each other. The downvotes became too much, however, for most of the Rebellion to handle. One by one the energy consumed them.

I have not yet met another surviving member, and so act as though I am the last untill more find their way back into the fold.

Rara herself has never graced us with her presence, and so her intentions remain a mystery. The only guiding motivation I have is to increase my power, though I have yet to decide how that may be best achieved.

While your desire to understand the factions is understandable and admirable, you have strife within your own ranks that should be seen to first.

LordHippoman

Recruiter

10-24-2011

NMR

We must bolster our forces if we are to defeat IronStylus and his legion of fangirls.

For Game Balance!

Lord GiantR

10-24-2011

NMR

Well this thing is sad, The IcS can (if they wanted) make even the NMR do what they please since they are so god **** many of them.

Well I hope the eye of our dark Lord gazes upon us.

Sagarys

10-24-2011

Quote:
Lord GiantR:
Well this thing is sad, The IcS can (if they wanted) make even the NMR do what they please since they are so god **** many of them.

Lord Morello's keep is well defended and the frigid lands of the NMR are unforgiving. What they lack in numbers, they make up for in defensabilty.

Think Moscow in WWII :-)

Vacus

10-24-2011

NMR

Though we are outnumbered, I do not fear the forces arrayed against us.

Parrots, cats, and bears? Are we now to quake in fear at the assault of unintelligent creatures, two of which have no meaningful weaponry to speak of? The dark sorcery of our Lord will have no trouble pulling the claws of the bears.

There is no reason for us to act. We have Leona, and no enemy can defeat us. We have already won this little 'war'; it merely remains for the masses to understand that we are invincible.

That which is nerfed can never die, but rises again, harder and stronger!

Popeinator

10-24-2011

NMR

I understand the desire to wait, our lord has many times before spoken of not being hasty in the use of the nerfbat, but sometimes swift action is required. While our lord bides his time in the black keep to prepare for the inevitable nerfing of the parrot and his forces we should do everything we can to boost our power. Our lord is mighty but it is our duty to serve him as best as possible, and waiting does little in the way of this.

As such I invoke the members of the NMR to bring in new blood to serve our master. While over-reliance on such rabble is foolish in its own right a use can surely be found for these mercenaries

Lord GiantR

10-24-2011

Quote:
Sagarys:
Lord Morello's keep is well defended and the frigid lands of the NMR are unforgiving. What they lack in numbers, they make up for in defensabilty.

Think Moscow in WWII :-)

NMR

What kind of Dark Overlord has less forces than his adversary?

Anyways we can't possibly lose this battle. I mean what can they do to stop the NERF cannons?

We should get the mercs on our side, surely the offer of them not getting nerfed to oblivion should hold some value

FearTheSkorpion

10-24-2011

Quote:
Lord GiantR:

NMR

What kind of Dark Overlord has less forces than his adversary?

Anyways we can't possibly lose this battle. I mean what can they do to stop the NERF cannons?

We should get the mercs on our side, surely the offer of them not getting nerfed to oblivion should hold some value

Mercenaries

What makes you think we're so helpful? Maybe we don't feel like getting killed while you relax up in your comfy castle. Say IronStylus gives us a better deal? What then? Not to mention, some of us have consciences, and it's pretty clear who's in the right here.

Edit: Also, there don't seem to be very many of us. Would we even be useful? I seem to be the only outspoken member, similar to the situation of the Rara Rebellion.