Heimerdinger Turrets

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arkezxa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-19-2010

Evolution Turrets upgrade every 7 attacks, gaining additional damage. Every 2 levels of this skill will level the turret into a new type, becoming a green armor and magic resist reducing turret at level 3 and a red area of effect attacker at level 5.

I play a lot of Heimer, and I've found myself wondering if holding back the turrets from Lv5, instead leaving them at Lv4, could be more beneficial?

The reason behind this, is that they reduce armor and magic resist at Lv4, but I'm pretty sure it loses that effect when they become Lv5 (red) turrets?

Obviously, they have a lower base damage, but could the armor/magic resist reduction make up for it? Especially once team fights start and your allies can benefit from it, too.

This is just theorycrafting at this point, and it's not something I've seen posted before.

Thoughts?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Akyio

06-19-2010

Red turrets still reduce the armor, but some people only level up turrets to level 3, since then damage is about medium, 2 turrets are okay, they shred armor as well.
Red turrets however are definitely the best, some slight aoe damage helps to clear creep waves easily