Language Barriers

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Whispy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-24-2011

Might i suggest their be some type of Lobby within the servers that have specific languages. I have been caught in various solo games where they speak a language i don't understand or they don't understand me. Its hard to try to plan things out when i have to go to google translate to figure out what language they are speaking and then copy what 'im trying to say to them, it takes a while to retype and then the situation would of changed by the time i'm finished.

Troy L Jenkins

10-24-2011

Yeah big time. Be nice if Riot actually played the game they make. The problem is the "guys at the top" are going to be playing with their buddies, and not see the nonsense we have to deal with in the queue.

Whispy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy Spiral View Post
Yeah big time. Be nice if Riot actually played the game they make. The problem is the "guys at the top" are going to be playing with their buddies, and not see the nonsense we have to deal with in the queue.
Yea ;p

Depressant Ghost

10-27-2011

杳弓冖弓朲杲杘 濭尸尸?

SFG mAEtb0y

10-29-2011

YES. This always has bothered me. Because the servers are for an entire continent, you end up with all kinds of languages from different countries. Being in the US, I get many Spanish-speaking players in my games, and I can only imagine it's worse in Europe where there are a huge variety of different languages spoken.
I really think you should be able to pick a language in your settings, and matchmaking only gives you teammates who picked the same language, or something like that.
It would be an easy fix and it would make the game a lot more enjoyable.

Criztalmeth

Recruiter

10-29-2011

Mexicans : Que Que Que Que Que noooob op shhhhhhh

McDerp

10-29-2011

Bump. 2 out of 5 games i get players from South America. It's not just the language barrier, it's the lag they have and quite often the lack of good gaming that comes with that sort of thing.

vLemon

QA Analyst

10-30-2011

The language skills that someone needs in lol are ss (or mia), re, back, go and def. I think that everyone has it. Now if someone is asking his/her friend in chat what they have tomorrow for math (yeah I witnessed that) or what they're having for lunch I don't need to understand it.

In the EU servers you can choose a game languange, so that it's easier to understand the object's discription etc and that's why for example a lot of south americans play in EUW. Should we ban them from there too because the germans, italian, british, french etc don't speak spanish??

As for ping. it is sadly something that a summoner cannot control, so I don't think he should be punished for it. Usually there is at least one person in every team with 200 ms or more so the game is actually balanced.

maso

10-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardRAWKR View Post
I really think you should be able to pick a language in your settings, and matchmaking only gives you teammates who picked the same language, or something like that.
This would be great. +1

Chronometer

10-31-2011

What I can't understand is why everyone gets so upset when it's suggested to make a server for South America.

That's actually a really good thing for you guys, better ping times and you are grouped with people who for the most part understand your language too.