About game dodging

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

hellsand

10-24-2011

I just had my 10th attempt to get into a game, hope no one is dodging this time.

People have been so much AFK during champion selecting for Ranked Mode, that sometimes we spend more time waiting for partners then in-game.

Could it be possible for developers to think about some minor rank loss to dodging players?

UnclePickle

10-24-2011

The developers don't want to use rank in this game as bargaining chip. It's a testament to the amount of time you've invested in the game to better fit you with other players that are your skill level.

But queue dodgers get a time penalty before they can search for a new game, so at least it's discouraged.

NSVD

10-26-2011

Queue dodging is an important skill to learn; if you're paired with some clearly incompetent people simply by talking to them in chat, and/or the team composition they've come up with goes something like this:

Tryndamere
Jax
Twitch
Twisted Fate

I think it's fair to be allowed to queue dodge

Flux Vector

10-26-2011

I used to swear I'd never queue dodge.

Then I got some experience.

Amatzikahni

10-26-2011

I've learned that anything goes with people who aren't pros. I've won with some pretty stupid comps against some pretty amazing comps, and lost just as many the other way around.

Sizmic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-26-2011

I have yet to ever dodge a Que however I have been tempted more than once. When you have people on your team fighting among each other before the game even starts that is, in my view, a good reason to dodge and one that I might use in the future.

Furthermore there is the issue of a team comp but some "stupid comps" can work. For example team Solo Mid earned a swift victory in one of the streamed tournaments with out a tank or support.