Veigar suck in Dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Razz Ako

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdjaks View Post
did you really expect a champion who gains AP based on CS to be good at dominion?
Well, I had the same thought, but then I was bored and tried Nasus out, called bot and rushed my Q, then started farming.

Turns out he's strong as ****.

And about Veigar, he also gets some AP from killing champs, and can as well take bot, it's obviously not as good as SR but hey, it's not so low either, besides you can snowball pretty hard if the enemy team lets you.

YordleLayHeeHoo

10-24-2011

Veigar isn't as bad in Dominion as people say. You simply have to play him a bit differently. His E will quite literally win fights by itself as long as you're with teammates. Notice how I said "with your teammates", this means you should never go bot with Veigar in Dominion. You instead should be stealing kills to farm your Q and using your E to set up kills with your teammates. Veigar also has two methods of interrupting multiple people capturing.

Veigar is also a really fast pusher thanks to his W. This makes Promote a great summoner spell to use on him as that super minion has more capturing power than a champion.

t3hcollective

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-24-2011

Have you ever sat down to figure out how much ap you get from your q? It is probably not as game breaking as you think.

bARRtender

10-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3hcollective View Post
Have you ever sat down to figure out how much ap you get from your q? It is probably not as game breaking as you think.
Mid-game in SR it's around 100. That's pretty nice...

I've played him a few times on Dominion. You should still level Q first because the CD on W is too long. If you last hit a few early kills your game snowballs fantastically. Unfortunately if you're starved for the early game your game also snowballs.

It's a ton of fun destroying the AP people on the other team that build glass cannon.

Chemslayer

10-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by bARRtender View Post
Mid-game in SR it's around 100. That's pretty nice...

I've played him a few times on Dominion. You should still level Q first because the CD on W is too long. If you last hit a few early kills your game snowballs fantastically. Unfortunately if you're starved for the early game your game also snowballs.

It's a ton of fun destroying the AP people on the other team that build glass cannon.
But his W, especially against minions or in combination with E, is his main powerhouse skill (ulti excluded).

Also, try getting a Rylai's on him, it helps you survive skirmishes better, and makes your Q into the equivalent of a Nunu snowball

bARRtender

10-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemslayer View Post
But his W, especially against minions or in combination with E, is his main powerhouse skill (ulti excluded).

Also, try getting a Rylai's on him, it helps you survive skirmishes better, and makes your Q into the equivalent of a Nunu snowball
I disagree. One level of W is usually fine to turn a minion wave. The fact that Q's cd is 4 seconds at max and W's is 10 means that you have a lot more damage potential with Q. Not to mention the fact that W is so easy to dodge unless you have E up, which is a 16 second cd (if I remember right) so the second W is really unreliable.

Ideally (but also unlikely) you'd get 20 seconds for 2 W's. 20 seconds is 5 Q's.

IMTOOJUICY

10-24-2011

i think veigar is actually pretty good on dominion. there is no laning phase, which is veigar's weakest area in SR.

Feral Animosity

01-27-2012

SR isnt more balanced than dominion, thats QQ talking, i play annie often in dominion and go 20-0 regularly, most of my games are wins with her, carrying the team. Cry more

GoldenTakeshi

01-27-2012

Veigar does not suck (neither does annie for that matter). You have to change your playstyle in order to do decently with him and not expect you will be able to farm up your big nuke in order to do all of your damage.

The biggest problem with "X CHAMPION SUCKS ON DOMINION!!!" posts is that people dont realize they need to change their playstyle on dominion and stick with glass cannon, feedworthy builds where you wonder why you are constantly getting 1shot over and over by carries.

Stop building glass cannon veigar, learn your place on the map, and it will become a far better champion. I've seen many decent and respectable veigars on dominion.

Sauron

01-27-2012

Veigar is alright in Dom, imo.