What is a "Jax Counter"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

airraidsiren

11-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koldheartedjsp View Post
any champion that doesn't rely on auto attacks
Using the item combo above (Sword of the Divine + Vampiric/Wriggles) I kill Jaxes with majority of the damage coming from auto-attacks. I will use a champ with a gap-closer to initiate, and possibly again to finish when the Jax realizes he's losing and tries escape. The beauty of such a combo is that your auto-attacks happen rapidly, steal life, and Jax can't dodge them (because you've got 8 seconds of dodge immunity from triggering the SotD active just prior to engaging). You have temporary extra armor pen too.

I might not build expensive items just to counter Jax on SR, but on TT a runaway fed Jax can 1v3 your team. He is enough of a hypercarry threat IMHO to grab an item or two to counter him (esp SotD).

Saint Foxx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-01-2011

ryze

Zethive

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-01-2011

Malz???? Pool + Silence + Dot + Ult = dead in 3 seconds...
Nunu!!! ICE BALL RUNNNN ICE BALL RUN... ULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLta... dead

Gr1nn3r

11-01-2011

rammus + thornmail

Mesa the Phoenix

11-01-2011

Jax actually eats most mages. Mages with considerable bulk tend to be annoying though. SotD is incredibly effective against Jax. People often complain that they shouldn't need to build SotD or that its unfair that you are forced into buying it, however you are completely eliminating his only form of CC and his primary defense against AD champs. If you are playing someone like Tryn or Olaf and you pick up a SotD you have the advantage.

airraidsiren

11-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mesa the Phoenix View Post
People often complain that they shouldn't need to build SotD or that its unfair that you are forced into buying it
Not only is it worth countering your biggest threats in 3v3, it's not like the SotD is useless against everyone else; the anti-dodge active is why you buy it for Jax, but SotD also gets you armor penetration with the active, and passively +60% attack speed and 100 extra magic damage on every 4th auto attack. It will help you tear down other opponents even quicker than you kill Jax. It's the largest single AS increase item in the game.

RudahBR

Recruiter

11-01-2011

Tenacity

or randuins omen

or sword of divine

Saiyushu

11-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy Spiral View Post
So lets say I'm playing Akali (really all I play is Jax and Akali , im fairly new) i just throw in a SotD at some point? (probably after i get my staff/hex revolver i guess) Although really if i time it right shes a little different and just hopefully bursts before she gets stunned.
DON"T DO IT!!!

Sword of the divine is 2k gold for being able to proc once. Not worth it.

Akali stomps jax early game, and gets stomped late game. Your only chance is to end it early.

airraidsiren

11-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saiyushu View Post
DON"T DO IT!!!

Sword of the divine is 2k gold for being able to proc once. Not worth it.
The Jax-relevant part is the active which is only the dodge resist and armor pen parts and this does not proc, you need to trigger it manually. It lasts 8 seconds, then has a 40-second cooldown. Considering you'd save this for a Jax (or Udyr) kill, this seems often enough to me. All the other benefits of SotD are always active, including the massive 60% attack speed bonus. Worth every penny if there are any dodgy champs on the other team IMHO, doubly so if there are also tanks to bring down.

Saiyushu

11-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by airraidsiren View Post
The Jax-relevant part is the active which is only the dodge resist and armor pen parts and this does not proc, you need to trigger it manually. It lasts 8 seconds, then has a 40-second cooldown. Considering you'd save this for a Jax (or Udyr) kill, this seems often enough to me. All the other benefits of SotD are always active, including the massive 60% attack speed bonus. Worth every penny if there are any dodgy champs on the other team IMHO, doubly so if there are also tanks to bring down.
I'm not saying to not get SotD in general. I'm talking about Akali specifically. Missing a Q proc won't lower your dps significantly because the mark remains, thus you can still proc it, it has a 4 sec cooldown, so you won't be able to throw out another Q faster even if you didn't miss.

If you want 60% attack speed on akali, I would suggest you either play another champ, or uninstall (unless if you're trolling)