Best AP/AD Champs to Effectively Carry With (A guide in the works)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EvilMrGubGub

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-23-2011

I NEED HELPS.

My situation: For most of my LoL 30 life I have devoted myself to jungle, learning different routes and with which champs, how to counter jungle, and timing mob spawns to best take advantage of the enemies jungle. Recently I have come to the conclusion that I've gotten no better at jungling since I've started based off my experiences in ranked as Trundle. My last few games as jungle Trundle I've ended less than 2 kills, with 8+ deaths all from mid/late game.

My burn ganks almost always work as intended as Trundle (Don't see how they couldn't, E is best gank skill in game IMO), with the enemy forced to either flash or ghost to avoid death. The problem (and fault) that ends up happening is neither me nor my team can kill them on the second gank, either because the lane got pushed too hard, or because the enemy is just to smart. Either way I think I'm going to just leave the jungle game, and swap to carry type champions. From being a jungle, my mindset was usually to get the carry lanes fed and TRY to leave kills for them....

Now I just want to swap that up and be the one getting fed. I think I'm better off just learning to be a carry (Especially from what I've seen of ELO hell already) I really think I'd just be better off...and I have a feeling my ELO will thank me in the future.

So my main question, and point of this thread, is to find out which carries are really worth learning with the current meta/buffs.

As follows is a list of who I already own, and who I may be considering based off of feedback from this thread. I am willing to add/subtract from this list at any time, and will post when I figure everything out for myself. Just because I own the champion doesn't mean that I know HOW to play them, but if enough people claim they are worth learning then I will be giving them a good round of Go's, and seeing what I come up with.

AP: (OWNED)
Annie, Kass, Akali, Cho, Sion, Veigar

AP: (PROSPECT BUYS)
Brand, Fiddle, Jax, Gragas, Kog, Malz

There are a few others, but they are people that I simply don't see used very much anymore, might as well stay with the current meta. (Anivia/Vlad will rise again!)

AD: (OWNED)
Ashe, Gang, Irelia, Yi, Nasus, Riven, Teemo, Trist, Xin

AD: (PROSPECT BUYS)
Cait, Corki, Ez, Kog, Noc, Renek, Talon, Vayne

Same as above, MF/Urgot, etc.

Mains (PAST AND PRESENT) -Gathered from above "owned" list's only

Gang, Irelia, Panth, Shaco, Akali.

Now I was hoping to find a ranged AD that I could learn, have been seriously considering Vayne over Caitlyn, but that's where you guys come in. For the AP I'm really thinking about either Brand or Kass. Already played a bit of Kass, and to me he strikes me as a kind of cleanup man, minus when hes fed. Brand on the other hand looks the be the guy who is dealing the heavy damage at the teamfight, then using ult to finish for the kills.

Who do you guy's think I'll be best off going with/back to? I'll be making my decisions based off of feedback from this thread and from what I see in other games that I play.

Post your suggestions as to who is better and builds etc along with playstyles that I could use and for which champions, who to watch out for playing as, and who I should be doing well against etc. Really looking for some solid feedback here but anything is appreciated.

EvilMrGubGub

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-24-2011

Bump

pacifistme

10-24-2011

Brand is pretty easy to carry with if you can land your spells. Annie is still a power house and has been underplayed as of late. Honestly in that mid lane you can carry with pretty much an AP in the game, it really just depends on what you're good at and who you are laning against.

In ranked if i see an early AP grab, i play kass. It shuts down people who think they are going to be god and end up feeding half the game. If i see an annie, i pick brand.

Varghul

10-24-2011

vayne is the best lategame ad carry (or was until graves came out)...insane damage, quite sneaky...really scary. Kog is overall the best ad carry since he is good at all stages of the game, has the highest range in the game, great damage...

ap carries...brand, annie...there are several good picks

EvilMrGubGub

10-24-2011

bumpitty bump

Need more info!

Grukksmash

10-24-2011

Gragas is a solid solo top and mid. He has great sustain and the passive from drunken rage makes him pretty durable vs. other ap champs as well.

InglouriousCobb

10-26-2011

Try out Urgot, esp. since he is free this week. He is my main and once you get the hang of him he is does very well. Once you get around level 5 he really starts to dominate his lane. His Noxian Charge combined with the Acid Hunter can deal tons of damage, and if they chase you throw on the Terror Capacitor and kite the hell out of them. If you read Searz's guide to Urgot on Mobafire it really helps when deciding how to build him. He can outlane many champions in the bottom lane on Dominion, or can play a couple different roles during a team fight, I usually go with anti-carry. I also enjoyed Vayne quite a bit when she was free, and once I am done buying Runes I am going to master her.

EvilMrGubGub

10-26-2011

Hmm Now urgot is someone who I really didn't consider a bunch when making my list's. Never really knew what to even consider him as since his early game is really really good but then his damage seems to fall off late game. Viewing him as an anti carry though I can see how that would work well for him with Acid Hunter/Charge combo mid-late game.

Currently I am seriously considering Vayne as my AD carry and Brand as my AP

Best Zod NA

10-26-2011

Carrying solo queue games with AD is simple, especially if you've loved and are effective with Trundle - pick Twitch. Last hit in bottom lane, harass a little if you can, but remember to go invis whenever you can and reposition slightly. After the fifth or sixth time, your lane opponents are going to stop calling MIA.

Then gank mid. You don't need to be successful, getting a kill is great, forcing them out of lane is fine too. If you have a good idea where their jungler is (and you should be warding), gank them, too. Steal wraiths. Steal golems. Help with dragon. Gank mid after you ganked mid. Counter-ward their ward. Gank top if it's pushed, with your jungler. Kill your lane opponents bot, it's not particularly difficult if you're levelling expunge.

You're slightly behind on CS, but you have more teamfight presence than pretty much any AD carry in the game, and in exchange, their mid is behind, top is behind, jungle is behind, and everyone is spending gold on wards, oracles and tower hugging and not invading, because every time you go invisible, somebody is about to get pooped on.

EvilMrGubGub

10-28-2011

Just finished one game as twitch, went quite well BUT part of that is because of noob enemies. Bottom lane Twitch/Eve (He picked eve because he has asked me to NOT play twitch, when I locked in he did the same with her) ended up feeding me 4 kills before the 10 minute mark. After that Ganked mid ending with a death on their malz. Top was next and it continued that pattern until teamfights started.

The only problem that I ran into on the opposite team was Malz because of his ulti, in retrospect I should have bought a (The name escapes me currently but its the item that works like cleanse and gives MR, hard single counter to malz burst)