LoL + Linux?

12345 ... 6
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Belsambar

06-18-2010

Is there any chance you will release League of Legends on Linux systems? I find it's a nicer system to run it on and is generally better for speed and viruses but that's my opinion.

Thanks

ThunderZZZZ

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-18-2010

can't you run it through Wine?

Belsambar

06-18-2010

Apparently it's very buggy

TokPhobia

06-19-2010

At the moment, running it in Wine has the followings major bugs:
- can't chat in-game
- can't buy new champions/runes/skins (the PVP.net shop doesn't work)

A native Linux client would be awesome.

Damian Seto

06-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokPhobia View Post
A native Linux client would be awesome.
Totaly awesome.
+1 for the Linux Client!

Rebo

06-25-2010

Just wanted to add a show of interest in a native Linux client... I'm already a paying player and would love it if I didn't have to keep a Windows partition for this game!

No, I haven't had any luck with WINE yet... I'll keep trying though ;-)

Snowl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebo View Post
Just wanted to add a show of interest in a native Linux client... I'm already a paying player and would love it if I didn't have to keep a Windows partition for this game!

No, I haven't had any luck with WINE yet... I'll keep trying though ;-)
You need to build WINE for LOL. I have built it, but i'm not sure if i'm allowed to distribute it.

Lysdexic

06-25-2010

Is it currently supported through Cedega?

In any event, what to you mean "You need to build WINE for LoL?" All you do is modify registry settings, etc in WINE and set up custom configurations for certain programs. Mostly registry entries and set up parameters for how the application will run.

So, since you have "built it", what are the custom configurations you have set up to allow LoL to work through WINE?

TokPhobia

06-26-2010

Getting LoL to work in WINE is a bit more complicated because the changes you need to make aren't just registry keys and configuration files. Instead, you need to apply patches to the actual source code of WINE and then recompile it. Those changes to the source code might also be available at run-time, however the posted solutions are all source-fixes.

Once you do install LoL you'll need to fix some settings in an .ini file. You can find more details in this thread on pages 10+ I think:

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ead.php?t=5204

MaZuoYan

06-29-2010

I would def. love to see LoL on Linux natively. I would love to be able to completely ditch windows =D

12345 ... 6