Small but helpful change to the pinging system

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GoodToBeTheKing

10-23-2011

It would be a great boost to team communication if the volume of a ping was slightly quieter the further away from you it was. For example you're at mid and your opponent has left the lane. You're sure he's going to harass top so you throw out a ping up there. If the ping sound was quieter to the bottom lane they could ignore it whereas top lane would know more quickly that you're trying to tell them to be on alert. It would also cut down on having to stop and type out MIAs which is a big drag and especially at lower skill games is often ignored. I do suggest that the ping volume on champs and turrets be the same.

Holyjp

10-26-2011

I've never tought about this ! This is GREAT!

Totally agree with that,needs to be implemented.

Moondiviner

10-26-2011

yes but what if you're going to dragon and you ping it, it should be, at most, 25% reduced based on distance.... MAYBE 50%

Shion SinX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-26-2011

its a very nice idea.

also what about a new type of ping that means 'mia'? if you use this ping in your lane your team would know exactly what do you mean with that ping, that the enemy from your lane has just left.

and i dont quite like only 2 pings...its like, sometimes when pinging somewhere like in front of dragon ppl think u r pinging to DO the dragon while you are saying the enemies are doing it... oh well, the guys that dont see what u really mean ll rush for it thinking 'hey, nice idea lets do this' and end up in the mid of 4~5 enemies...