Best Ganker?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FleaFly

10-22-2011

Okay, so I'm not that new, but I have a new question.
Who is the best 1v1/Ganker that is useful in high ELO?
So Jax and Trynd wouldnt count cus they're shut down easily in high ELO...

Any suggestions? I'm thinkin Talon but I've never played him.

Kuryaka

10-22-2011

1v1/Ganker? Both these things, you want? Xin Zhao, Udyr, Akali can 1v1 almost as well as Jax can, and if they successfully gank the target is dead.

Most high ELO gankers either are less successful in ganking, or do not supply the DPS. Cho'Gath and Skarner spring to mind, whereas Udyr sucks at ganking due to lack of a gap closer.

FractalDactyl

10-22-2011

Udyr sucks at ganking? Udyr is a phenomenal ganker. He just gets kited easily. However, if no one in the lane has any kiting power, then he will pull the gank off.

Grim Reaper

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-22-2011

Nocturne for ganking.

fooolishfool

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-22-2011

There are a number of answers that come to mind here - by the title, the best "ganker" given no qualifications would be without a doubt Shaco, his jungle ganks are absolutely stellar and can occur immensely early. Probably the major qualification here is that when you say ganker the implication is that you mean ganking junglers - Shaco, Lee Sin, Rammus/Riven, and then the rest (though I'd argue the rest are more focussed on things other than ganking as the primary thing that makes them awesome).

When you add "1v1" to the equation it gets a whole lot more complicated, since you aren't really talking about gankers any more. There are an immensely long list of solo-top champions that can 1v1 things effectively and I'd argue that probably the premier one is indeed Jax (who indeed is popular at high elo / appears in tournaments), and presently Talon is very highly regarded and might be worth considering along similar lines as a strong asassin (though be aware he might change over time...).

tl;dr - Shaco for ganking, Jax for 1v1.

Srey

10-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleaFly View Post
Okay, so I'm not that new, but I have a new question.
Who is the best 1v1/Ganker that is useful in high ELO?
So Jax and Trynd wouldnt count cus they're shut down easily in high ELO...

Any suggestions? I'm thinkin Talon but I've never played him.
Do you know what ganking is...?

Ganking is for Junglers. Jax is not a jungler, Trynd is for the most part.

Fiddlesticks and Nocturne are the best gankers in the entire game for the moment.

Éįlipsč

10-23-2011

you dont have to be a jungler to gank you can walk off from your lane and gank ><\\

i do agree with the fiddle nocturne part tho XD

Nate Tow

10-23-2011

I don't see Amumu listed. Great gank and great initiation.

PedrocaxD

10-23-2011

I would say Shaco...but not to gank a team...just one of then...

To gank a Team you should go fiddlesticks

LuciferWhite

10-23-2011

Champs with good ganking potential are: Fiddlesticks, Nocturne, Amumu, Trundle, Shaco, Udyr, Lee Sin, Rammus, Cho'Gath, Gangplank, Xin Zhao, Nunu, Udyr, and WW.

Note that I'm looking at this solely from a jungling position. Some of these champions have a more difficult time than others with it, though. For instance, Amumu and Lee Sin are both reliant on linear skill shots, and WW's ganks are subpar before level 6. Udyr is prone to being kited since he has no gap closer, but his stun and MS buff are powerful.