Warwick tips

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Leptiric

06-18-2010

Hey guys i would like to get some advice on playing ww in premades.
Id like to try him out with my friends but its kinda hard to play .. jungling is almost impossible as we are up against good players that constantly scout buffs .. especially early game+river wards.
He seems that he could be decent to play and his ult has some use .. but i was wondering how do you build him .. and your play styles

KamiStigma

06-18-2010

hmm. laning warwick is pretty effective as well. I agree with the scouting since nowadays people like to hunt the jungler first. IMO, I think merc treads and blood razor is the most essential items. Like jax with ninja tabi and rageblade. From there i form the items according to gameplay.

Fweerve

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-18-2010

I would start out with a ward as Warwick, and go place it by whichever buff you plan on doing at Lv2 immediately when the game starts. Then watch to see if the other team wards it. At that point you can either jungle elsewhere, or wait for their ward to wear off as they probably will not care enough to re-ward it.

The other really important thing for you to do is to gank the lanes as early on as you can manage. Once you have both buffs you should be able to take anyone at least midway into their lane and at half health or less. If their lane partner tries to help instead of run, this can often turn into a double kill. Even a single kill can put you so far ahead at this stage that you'll find it incredibly easy to jump into any lane where people are overextended in the future and get a nearly guaranteed kill. Always try to do it with at least Lizard.

As for builds I've been holding off on fully completing Madred's Bloodrazor lately and starting to stack more AD before I finally finish it. I'll usually go for a Bloodthirster because combined with his passive Warwick can be very difficult to bring down in teamfights while also dealing high damage. Just make sure you aren't initiating teamfights with your ult, use it to stun an enemy carry or caster right after someone else initiates.

BSkumar

06-18-2010

Yes, put a ward down initially. Also, if the team comes down to get you by your buff, your lanemates better call it, so you know what is coming, either go to a different camp, or get the buff and run. The opponents are only losing exp and lane control by failing to catch you, so make sure your teams calls mias and tells you to be careful