Daegen's guide to Shaco; Indepth Look on my Approach

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Takomancer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-29-2010

bump

Yuuj

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-29-2010

meh. counter jungling. if they have a jungler.. i tend to stay near their golem, and place a ward there. especially around level 3. It gets amazing when ppl such as olaf /ww make their attempt. Their early game gets completely screwed. Its even funnier when you do it to an enemy shaco

Daegen

06-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathnoob View Post
meh. counter jungling. if they have a jungler.. i tend to stay near their golem, and place a ward there. especially around level 3. It gets amazing when ppl such as olaf /ww make their attempt. Their early game gets completely screwed. Its even funnier when you do it to an enemy shaco

NICE MAN!! I'm so glad you did it that well, and its amazing how completely devastating it is on them early game. On top of that, you get boosted an extra 300 Gold. =] Glad you're successful =]

Demacia

06-29-2010

As a veteran shaco player, I approve this guide.

Yuuj

06-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demacia View Post
As a veteran shaco player, I approve this guide.
lol.

generally i'd say its a good guide. but, not my play style unfortunately. I like being an annoying ***** to the other team. When we hit early-mid game. I'm never with my team lol. Jitbs all over the jungle since i like maxing them first as their usefulness diminishes as the game goes on. PUSHHHHHHH. someone comes, run to jungle and farm. either the guy over extends or leaves. PUSHHHHHHH. They get owned walking through jungle trying to help team and have to go back to heal. I pop tower. lol. (this actually happened to an akali. I killed her when she tried to join the team fight and it ended up an ace)

its a good guide for those that love killing of course. Being an annoying ***** is a lot more fun though imo. As for jungling, i suggest grabbing the golem + the nearby creep camp first. then ganking mid. Usually i have this done around 2:15-2:20, and mid has just hit lvl 2. While you should almost be level 3. Go in for the gank, if you fail or kill, it doesn't really matter. Then head off to wratihs to jungle and continue from there. Smite should be up by the time you get to the wraiths if you tried to gank mid btw.

Daegen

06-30-2010

Quote:
lol.

generally i'd say its a good guide. but, not my play style unfortunately. I like being an annoying ***** to the other team. When we hit early-mid game. I'm never with my team lol. Jitbs all over the jungle since i like maxing them first as their usefulness diminishes as the game goes on.

I'm sorry but that sounds like AP Shaco to me, possibly the most counter-productive way to play Shaco (Although its very fun)...setting up JiTBs and "waiting" for them to hit that nest. Not only that but you're not even with your team...ever? This is a team-based game and this guide revolves around being a TEAM player. Obviously, you won't find this guide useful with that play style.

I'm sure there are other guides available that focuses on an AP build and just doing your own thing whenever, wherever... =\

Thanks for reading my Guide though and hope you do well at the Rift =]

Yuuj

06-30-2010

im not saying its a nest. its ll spread out. So it takes approximately 10 seconds LONGER for them to go from bot to mid. Through the "shortcut" through the jungle. I basically turn every team fight into a 4v5 or a 4v4 + me pushing bot, top or mid. I'd think its quite productive.

Map control becomes dominated by you throughout mid game, ( painful map control w.out even going ap) they do approximately 200 dmg per second so... you'll probably get 500 dmg in per jitb. Mind you, im not making a nest here.

Of course, i end up always walking over to team fights if i realize my team can't handle themselves and i'll go support them, but if they do fine. Push by all means. Take down that tower.

edit: just for the note, i'm not playing AP here. AP........ is not the best way to play shaco.

Rezengu

06-30-2010

Does aura stacking still work in the new patch?

Yuuj

06-30-2010

no, but starks is still worth getting.

Daegen

06-30-2010

Quote:

Map control becomes dominated by you throughout mid game, ( painful map control w.out even going ap) they do approximately 200 dmg per second so... you'll probably get 500 dmg in per jitb. Mind you, im not making a nest here.

edit: just for the note, i'm not playing AP here. AP........ is not the best way to play shaco.

Something about what you are saying just isn't...accurately efficient. Mid game, you are using JiTB for map control? I can understand if you have Teemo's Shrooms as map control, as they last a good 10 minutes. But Shaco's JiTB as map control are way different, as they only last 90 seconds. Yes, JiTBs are good for a tiny portion of map awareness but they will either:

1) Crumble in 90 Seconds
2) Crumble when someone gets remotely close to it (except for stealthed units, they can't trip it)

You can't spam them across the jungle, and be satisfied that you have map control.

JiTB do NOT deal 200 dmg Per Second unless you are going AP, which you said you aren't.
At level 1, JiTB deal only 35 p/ second and at level 5, 115 p/ second. I'm not accounting any Ability Points so I cannot see how you could possibly even reach 200 p/ second without any AP items/runes? I'm just wondering cause I've tested this just now...