Daegen's guide to Shaco; Indepth Look on my Approach

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

malphismia

06-19-2010

Jungling gives you access to all lanes, giving you the opportunity to gank all players while still gaining XP in jungle.

NSPlayer Radix

06-19-2010

Leaving one lane unsupported. On this logic would you leave each lane 1v2 and set two as junglers during the first 5 minutes?

malphismia

06-19-2010

Actually, having 2 solo lanes is a HUGE benefit to your team. You just need someone competent to hold the 1v2 lane.

EDIT: And yeah, I've played a premake with WW and Shaco jungling. The other team didn't try to shut down our junglers. (stupid? yeah) Instead they tried to beat the 1v2 lanes. Versus good solo champs like morde. We won. Although I hardly recommend the team setup lol it was just for lulz

favabear

06-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatadorRED View Post

And guardian angel is the worst item you can get shaco. Clone dies from even indirect AE damage, it receives 135% more damage than normal, it dies, the UNIQUE of GA is wasted on the clone. There is no other reason to get the GA except for the unique, which is more often than not wasted on your clone instead of saving your life.
Tested and disproved. Your clone's Guardian Angel has no impact on your own, so if your clown dies and is revived, you can still be revived from your "real" GA. Note that your clone will not explode if he's revived, however.

I'm personally a fan of GA as it allows you to be much more aggressive when you have it up. You're a high priority target if they know that deceive is on cooldown, so GA can really mess with them. I believe that GA was designed for squishies, not for tanks.

malphismia

06-19-2010

I tested and proved it myself. Clone revived, I died. Never bought GA again, and never looked back. This is ON TOP of the frequent times GA bugs out and doesn't revive a champ with the unique on.

Maybe they fixed the bug recently?

Daegen

06-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSPlayer Radix View Post
Leaving one lane unsupported. On this logic would you leave each lane 1v2 and set two as junglers during the first 5 minutes?

Having two junglers on your team isn't good...a very smart team will shut down the both of them if they play their cards right. Also, jungling allows you to keep up your EXP while your teammate, who is 1v2, achieves a level advantage faster then he would have had if he had a teammate with him.

So long as you have someone whom can easily hold their 1v2 lanes, jungling will give your team an extraordinary advantage in levels and hopefully, netting early game kills.

Daegen

06-19-2010

Quote:
Great guide.

I really don't know how you pulled off jungling without smite :P It seems soooo slow without it, what time do you reach level 6 by (or what time do you do dragon)?

Before the JiTB glitch, you'll be surprised on how easy it is to jungle without smite. Sure, it takes longer getting lizard but after you get your Razors...it's like having smite on a weapn when you hit one of your, 15% to deal 500 damage to a minion, which happens quite often for me. That's why I don't usually carry smite, I'd rather use that summoner slot for something more offensive or defensive.

favabear

06-19-2010

Quote:
I tested and proved it myself. Clone revived, I died. Never bought GA again, and never looked back. This is ON TOP of the frequent times GA bugs out and doesn't revive a champ with the unique on.

They must have. I tested it about 5 minutes before posting, and it's worked many times for me. Also, I'm not sure about this, but I think the clone creates a new GA, so his GA might be up every time, meaning there will be cases when his is up and yours is down.

arcmandak

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

06-19-2010

Ya you and your clone both definitely get revived. It's the primary reason I picked up Shaco =P.

Daegen

06-20-2010

Quote:

I just did this in a real game...
It's confirmed, Shaco and his lesser Twin both have G.A. and when
either dies, G.A. will revive both as if it were seperate players.

Thanks for your interest in my guide =]