Do you think Tiamat is underrated after reading this and the comments?

Yes I think it's underrated 54 56.25%
No I don't think it's underrated 42 43.75%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Viability of Tiamat One of the Most Underrated Items

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Felza

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-24-2011

^ tried that. I even tried Full fury+ full crit rune page and 2 IE so I had full Crit chance. then I got myself 4 Tiamats. That Soraka hated my cause I hit the teemo and the soraka died before teemo did... lol

lilbit

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by confusedkillers View Post
the other day i heard something in a game that annoyed me, playing my gp a player on my team said 'why are you building tiamat? It's a terrible item.' the moment he said that a bit of me died from hearing such stupidity. Tiamat is an epic item, that has an amazing passive, as well as good ad and some hp/mana regen. The exact stats are:
Tier advanced
effects +50 attack damage
+15 health regeneration
+5 mana regeneration
passive your basic attacks splash, dealing 50% physical damage around the target (35% for ranged attacks). (taken from leaguecraft)
how much does this item cost? 2070 gold, for items and combining fee. Now here's the thing, alone it looks...meh. I'll admit, but, but, but, but the passive stacks, it isn't unique. So for example, when i play as gp my full build ends up being:
As boots, pd, ie, tiamat, tiamat, tiamat.
Now you're going: Huh? That doesn't seem like a lot of dmg. But here's the thing. Level 18 gangplank has 108 ad without items. With my build he has 338 dmg, 250% crit dmg, 55% chance to crit, and a bonus .521 as. (looking only at dmg) provided you play carefully and don't get bursted the hp regen and mana regen will keep you alive. Now if gp were to crit he would deal 845dmg plus 150% dmg to enemies around him meaing he would deal 1267.5 dmg in aoe. Now...lets look at parley. 350 dmg if u crit that's 875 plus 918.75 aoe dmg (reduced aoe dmg for ranged attacks)

at this point i'm looking at gp and saying: Hmmm, now what's funny about this? Let's say i gank renekton, and sona at bot. I see sona is standing close to renek and is low. Bam i fire parley at renek, it just dealt more aoe dmg to sona then it did to him. It's hilarious because in teamfights you can focus the tank and end up dealing even more dmg to his team. It makes them think. "should i really taunt him?" anyways i gotta go right about now, feel free to argue against me (i like getting to argue about it so long as we keep it fun) and i'll come back later to review it and see what i've missed.

Incase of tl;dr long story short tiamats passive is an awesome aspect of dmg especially when you think about it's other stats.

P.s. It works for champions other than gp as well, he's just a funny example to me.
tl;dr

IsInvid

10-24-2011

This is fun on Twitch with Spray and Pray. All the pierces trigger Tiamat's... goodness...

K K0

01-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raisu View Post
Considering the game goes on long enough, my build for Trynd ends up being PD / PD / Ghostblade / IE / Tiamat / Tiamat... Nothing better than critting 1200 damage on one target, and having it splash to a second target and killing both of em just by attacking one person.
Can the splash even crit?

LawlietNG

01-08-2012

I build tiamat with riven and it gives her good dmg early on and health regen went 31-4 with that build, funny too because my teammate was making fun of me for building a tiamat.

PhailRaptor

Adjudicator

01-08-2012

Holy thread necro Batman!!!

Yoshiro

01-09-2012

its a bad item in most cases. Might be ok on a tanky champion.

Twhit

Recruiter

01-09-2012

its really not that bad of a mid-game item for some ranged carries, especially in low elo games where there is less armor, it can help you output that extra damage in a teamfight if needed and minion waves can be cleared in an instant, obviously the troll builds where you hit the people next to them for much more damage is gonna be a bit rediculous, but as a single item with a PD and any BF sword weapon can do some good damage

Flim and Flam

01-09-2012

It's a staple for my malphite build.

Duridface

01-09-2012

It isn't cost effective. Stacking 3 of them is a huge waste.