Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Guide] Bull-dozing with Alistar

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zophir

Master Recruiter

01-21-2010

Laned with a Morgana, it was freaking awesome. A dark binding followed by a few smacks, continued on with a pulverise and more smacks at lvl 1 pwned the Soraka we fought, Shaco was too late, she couldn't move the entire time (that's why health potions are good kids!)

We ended up winning in a 14~ minute-esque game, just pushed the **** out of middle with our fed Twitch who solo'd, after we came up with our 5 kills on Shaco + Soraka that is.

HanzGruber

01-22-2010

Having only played LoL for about a month now, I haven't had the opportunity to play Alistar before he was supposedly nerfed. He must have been uber, because I'm just shy of a 2-1 win/loss ratio with him.

I can't count the number of times I've seen three enemy champs afraid to approach the turret I'm guarding. They just stand there and wait for me to come out while my team maneuvers around them. I've also been ignored completely and allowed to push a tower while the enemy focuses on the champs that they see as "threats." Lastly, there's no stat for the number of times I've kept an allied carry alive while it takes 5 enemy champions to take me down, thus slowing their pursuit.

I've rarely seen the tanks get the glory. But if you're doing your job right, your team should see much more benefit from Alistar than your kill/death/assist record.

AutoSponge

01-22-2010

Last Whisper > Atma's (even with a sunfire cape 119.7 DPS vs. 115.0). A sunfire cape can help Alistar farm (something he often has trouble with). If you're already ahead on lane kills, you can get the cape to help farm into Last Whisper + boots. If behind on lane kills, I get boots to ensure I don't feed and just try to stabilize my lane.

I usually go boots 3 against generic teams but I think I'll use mobility from now on. I'll often break from laning to sit in the bushes for 5 seconds. This gives me the added speed I need to position the "one-two" for a kill/assist.

Kadzin

01-22-2010

Quote:
ScholarZero:
Ali is usually ignored 'til the end of the team fights due to massive HP and low damage output; doing more damage means people might focus your tankiness a little bit more!

This is always the problem I have when i play ALi
Lategame enemies can just suck up my pulverise and headbutt
and if I pop my ult they don't cc me they just plain ignore me -_-
Cuz i would hit one target once in a few weeks and not that hard either :-/
So I would end up just standing there spaming roar but otherwise pretty useless
Kind of feel like im not contributing when that happens >.<
Like Rammus can taunt somebody on him, and do AoE damage with tremos to make
enemies either run or focus on him
Nunu can just use ult and then all of their attention switches to you, or they start running
Sion sort of similar to alistar however his ult is pretty ownage in team fights
And shield has a pretty big AoE as far as i remember
Poppy, well i agree she is kind of like ali at least she can wreck a single target with devastating blow charge ult combo
Kayle tanks can invul allies and use righteous fury to aoe manz
Chogath... lawl do i even need to say? this guy is basicly all aoe
Malphite unstopable force and ground slam for some nice aoe and disable
Blitz more focused on single targets but his has a huge aoe ult when he activates it
Amumu his ult is win enough said

I don't know, I just don't seem to have this problem with other tanks
With Alistar it's like they go "ok he pulverised and headbutted now ignore him"

Prospero

01-22-2010

When you're hitting for 300 a punch, they stop ignoring you. =) I find in the big brawl at around level 10, they lose a couple carries that I punch to death while they are trying to hit my carries. The next fight I tend to have their attention.

KiritoTh3Beater

Recruiter

01-31-2010

i have been useing your item set with different runes and it has worked really well for me! i usually have over 10 kills with this build and always a possitive score.

MeditationError

07-19-2010

Quote:
Kadzin:
This is always the problem I have when i play ALi
I don't know, I just don't seem to have this problem with other tanks
With Alistar it's like they go "ok he pulverised and headbutted now ignore him"

If you make sure to headbutt people back towards your team, you absolutely will not have this problem.

Wade into the group, pulverize as many as you can, reposition, and headbutt a squishy at your team.

If the enemy does ignore you, the squishy you punt is dead 9 times out of ten, and you get to stun 2, 3 or even 4 of them for 2 seconds - that turns your pulverize into a mini curse-of-the-sands.

More usually, they CC you, you hit Unbreakable will and it's a "normal" initiation as your squishies and theirs start trying to kill each other, and you save your headbutt for something like katarina or fiddle's ult.

FckMan

Recruiter

07-25-2010

all my runes are armor. i buy pendant to start game with magic/health potion, come back home with 1350 to get ninja tabi's and upgrade the pendant with chalice of harmony. with cleanse/unbreakable will/flash i dont need to stock up on armor since my runes and boots add a bit.

with that part complete i fix my way to atma's then rylai's. i never leave the pack and make sure i dont get ganked. i help feed my team by setting them up. i end games with records like 3/2/25, 6/0/22, 1/3/16, numbers like that. he's hard to kill when you have at least 3 get out of jail free cards.

a few games ago, i gave teemo, who laned with me, 6 kills, didnt bother to get them myself, beefed him up and he came back and we just steamrolled our way thru.

i keep frozen heart in mind. maybe change up one item to last whisper for armor penetration, its all situational, you gotta check enemy champs and what they are pushing with. in long games that needs critical moments to be made ill sell and buy something else. but all in all ive been successful with my items.

atma's - stack up on the health for massive damage. critical hits are devastating. 3200 health = about 60 pts of extra damage not to mention 45 armor to go with it.

there's also rylai's scepter. i had atma's and rylai's at one point, jeez. mix in unbreakable will, game over.

the guide here helped me however i cant do sheen, i used it but after i get my tabi's and chalice, then save up for atma's, run with my team to open up passageways to the base, if i get enough i get rylai's. however it depends on teh situation i may find something beside rylai's due to enemy items. situational.

if you noticed after you get atma's, go for the rylai's pyramid starting with giant's belt to beef up atma's. then get the blasting wand and work your way up.

jukechu

07-25-2010

I personally LOVED this build. Just tried it with Alistar on a 5v5 Solo. I was with a bunch of random people, all but 1 of which sucked xD. I LOVED IT. I was tanking WW and Nasus and killing them :P. Might i suggest some Hp regen in some midst of this? Even spamming Roar wasn't enough when it was 4v1 with my ult on. And possibly a more in depth tutorial of how to "One-two Punch", Otherwise SO MUCH FUN P.S. I went chalice+tear and did pretty well mana wise, Never dropped below half

Warrior Exo

08-02-2010

I'd love to try this build out and actually i probably am going to right now. Ive been trying to find a good aggressive build for ali for SO long and this is perfect. I figured out how crappy pure tank can be because i was at the tower closest to base without being in i guess youd call it second tower. And i was PURE tank build like unkillable tank. But then a xin and i think the other was an ashe or something, but i had NO damage so they sat there smacking the tower and all i could do is punch them and stun them...

Point being made was that i couldn't do enough damage to even scare them from kiling the tower and my allies didn't understand i can't solo 2 people as a pure tank...

Also my BEST lane was with my friend who plays kennen. He has enough speed so that if they barely get away from me he can chase em down and beat em to ****. Usually i wont get alot of kills, but whoever im laning with gets so fed that it wins us the game.