Please read the post and choose a response

I Agree 3 50.00%
I Disagree 3 50.00%
Other (please explain in a comment) 0 0%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Graves vs. Tristana

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

soul1355

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-21-2011

so I'm just going to throw out a comparison, as I see it, of the two champs, because I'd like to hear if anybody can think why he's not just flat out better.
for starters, lets get the passives out of the way. Tristana's passive, Draw a bead, grants 9 range per lvl, with a final range of 703. while this is is nice, her starting range, 550 is only equal to that of graves, and requires that she reach lvl 11 before she can even match the likes of Caitlin. combine that with a base damage of 48 (54 for graves, and with better scaling) and I find it to be pretty weak. Graves bonus AR/MR for remaining in combat, while I wont say its overpowered, is quite a bit better especially early on (before Trists even does anything).
next, skills. I will try to compare skills with similar purpose and effect where possible.
first, rapid fire; for Trist, she shoots faster. for graves, its a gap-closer/escape and has almost the same improvement to firing speed and costs less mana, while with only 2 auto-attacks cools down in the same time, less if he attacks more.
second, buckshot vs explosive shot for poke/minion clearing. explosive shot scales on mana, meaning it does base unless at least building hybrid, while buckshot scales on ad. second either are fairly effective for both purpose, and while the mana cost is slightly lower for trist, with just a Doran's blade, graves does more damage hitting with a single projectile.
Third, Smokescreen vs Rocket Jump. this crosses somewhat obviously with their first listed skills, as trist generally uses this as her gap-closer/escape, and it is defiantly better at both, despite being interruptible. however, as I see it, to be able to use this for its, admittedly much weaker, slow and the reduced vision as well as being able to move with Quick Draw often works well enough. and the base damage is within 10 at all levels.
Lastly, the ultimate. first off, damage. assuming absolute lowest possible damage for each (ap graves {lol}, or ad trist) graves does more than 50 damage more to the initial target hit, and of course is able to hit more under proper circumstances. Trist, while only damaging a single target, does have a hard cc of a knock-back that can hit other enemies in a small radius. while used correctly, any hard cc can be awesome, a knock-back on a ranged carry tends to just save your enemies more than anything.
And as a final note, I'd like to mention that by level 3 graves has higher stats in all but three areas, including range( only due to passive), attack speed, and Ironically, move speed. yes, graves is slower than the midget. So, all considered, why is graves not just a better Tristana? viability of AP build aside.

tl;dr graves is Tristana with AD ratios and better stats.

(Note: source of most values is http://leaguecraft.com/ and I can only assume their accurate)

Meliorne

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-21-2011

Graves has a close range kit with a shotgun.

Tristana has the Longest range in the game at level 13+

You compared a sniper rifle to a shotgun.

soul1355

10-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntrosity View Post
Graves has a close range kit with a shotgun.

Tristana has the Longest range in the game at level 13+

You compared a sniper rifle to a shotgun.
except buckshot out ranges Trist literally until Level 18 and frankly being so flat out better at getting fed early makes the fact that finally, at level 18, being able to shoot from JUST outside his range kinda silly.
EDIT: I take it back, buckshot out ranges Trist by almost 50 even when she's lvl 18.

Yordle Barrage

10-21-2011

So while trist can keep pinging graves with attacks, graves can use one ability at a distance only one shot can hit her. Of which that one shot usually get equal one auto attack. So, trist can use her AS steroid and keep hurting while the Graves has to get close to fire back.

Is this what your attempting to QQ about sir troll?

soul1355

10-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yordle Barrage View Post
So while trist can keep pinging graves with attacks, graves can use one ability at a distance only one shot can hit her. Of which that one shot usually get equal one auto attack. So, trist can use her AS steroid and keep hurting while the Graves has to get close to fire back.

Is this what your attempting to QQ about sir troll?
no, and I'm only going to clarify that by saying read the actual post, don't just take the last line of the last comment and assume that you know what the thread is about.