Not to seem like a dick, but how can you possibly find Hearthstone fun?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mad Policecars

05-24-2014

It's kinda like Magic, or so I read.
Except you're absolutely forced to use every type of card to be successful.
Where the hell is the versatility?

I come from YGO, which has thousands and thousands of cards, where counterplay to the faceroll decks at tournament exists, where you can create massive niches and properly indoctrinate due to the card limit of a specific card being 3 and not 2.
And changing one card out can singlehandedly (if your cards have hands, eat them) change everything - mostly because of your ability to summon new cards through effects, shuffle, and draw new cards.

Okay, so we've established that the game is awful.
That is not my point.
My point is: What makes you able to enjoy it?

Binley

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-24-2014

its not your type of game man.

I enjoy it because:
1. World of Warcraft is the best game of all time.
2. It is easy to learn, great for tgc beginners.
3. Games are short and quick.
4. iPad app (where i primarily play it)

I agree that it needs 500+ more cards.

Viktorious Alekt

05-24-2014

What is YGO?

Holy Malevolence

05-24-2014

I don't understand how anyone can take card games seriously.
Like damn. I'm content to just have my BAMF Maha Vailo for its prettiness and ridiculous nature.

pls no flame

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-24-2014

you've obviously never played the game.

Literally everything you just said, holds almost no truth.

IS1e531e3f9643915f5599a

05-24-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viktorious Alekt View Post
What is YGO?
probably stands for yu-gi-oh

Mad Policecars

05-24-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by pls no flame View Post
you've obviously never played the game.

Literally everything you just said, holds almost no truth.
Never been able to survive as a Mage (the most OP one apparently) without Taunting creatures (plus, you're forced to use creatures period).
Can't build a proper pure magic deck because many spells are locked out by class (can't obtain shadow word: pain for instance).
Seemingly forced to use +spell power creatures.
Very few buff/utility spells to buff spells.
Already heavily restricted ability to have many spells further restricted due to the 2 card limit.

Did I miss anything?

Kesmus

Recruiter

05-24-2014

It's something to do when you're really bored. It's not really something to be considered serious. I actually find the fact that it has a professional scene to be ridiculous.

It's fun because it's easy to pick up and play. Unlike YGO, while you do have the option of going to Dueling Network if you can't find friends to play with, the games are shorter and the play isn't very complex. It's just something you pick up, play for a bit, then go on to something else.

Pronomorelol

05-24-2014

I find the arena fun

pls no flame

05-24-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Policecars View Post
Never been able to survive as a Mage (the most OP one apparently) without Taunting creatures (plus, you're forced to use creatures period).
Can't build a proper pure magic deck because many spells are locked out by class (can't obtain shadow word: pain for instance).
Seemingly forced to use +spell power creatures.
Very few buff/utility spells to buff spells.
Already heavily restricted ability to have many spells further restricted due to the 2 card limit.

Did I miss anything?
you explained some of the mechanics of the game, good job.

What's your point, that's the game they made it the way the wanted it.

Let me guess, you probably didn't play ranked or couldn't get below the higher 'teens

Why would/should they have to emulate other card games if they're not trying to be like them?

There are plenty of legend mages, hell there are plenty of legend any class, and mages are far from the strongest, actually one of the weakest classes in the current meta.

As I said, you've hardly played the game or experienced any of the higher parts of it, maybe you shouldn't post about something you know nothing about, or hell, at least use your head.